Does anyone do Tracy Anderson?

Options
MelissaSuchecki
MelissaSuchecki Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
Do you also incorporate strength training? I am just starting to add weight training into my week. Just wondering how your results are? Thanks

Answers

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    She's not a certified trainer and no formal education in exercise science. Why would anyone follow someone like that?
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 907 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @MelissaSuchecki

I’ve been to Tracey's classes in NY and I enjoy them. I haven’t done online. In the studio we use weights.

I’ve become more flexible, lost 13lbs and have increased cardio endurance. My balance has gotten much better. (I was never going to be a gymnast)
    I feel a feel good burn after every class. (This in in addition to SoulCycle and a gym membership.)

@Theoldguy1 no she doesn’t have certifications. I also go to a gym where everyone is certified and I find myself looking forward to her class more because her technique makes me feel good.. maybe it is also the music and atmosphere 🤷🏼‍♀️ I like her tone.. I like the other people in the class. I do more of it because it makes me feel energized. So far no injuries. I can’t answer for someone who is a beginner going to her classes with no other gym experience.

I’m blend it with my other workouts with trainers at Equinox so I guess I have that benefit’for proper movement.. I move more and I’ve been consistent .. so far it’s worked for me. Consistency is key for me. My class has quite a bit of professional dancers in it, people whose bodies are key to their work, it’s been motivational.