Holiday trip

Options
Hellooo I came to a trip and I enjoyed myself in every posible way ( drinks , sweets, carbs), after months of diets and exercise. I don’t regret anything but feeling afraid of weighting my self on Monday ahahaha any tip ?

Best Answers

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    It's fine to have enjoyed yourself. As Ann said, get back to your normal workout schedule asap. You may not want to diet through Xmas but you should attempt to not gain weight from now to EOY.

You might consider delaying weighing until after a few days of normal eating and exercise, to let some of the excess water weight go first, since that will give a false impression.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,525 Member
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hey, my favourite topic because I travel an awful lot. Just this year I visited 9 countries I've not been to before (only two of them done during a single trip) plus a few repeat visits. Travel water weight and possibly a bit constipation due to changing how you eat is totally a thing. For me, travel water weight is The Worst. It sticks around for at least a week and then decides to leave me in the middle of the night. Cue excessive nighttime peeing. But hey, I know this happens thus there's nothing to worry about.

About actual weight gain: Well, how much did you really eat above your maintenance calories? To gain 1lbs you need to eat 3500 calories above your maintenance, and that's quite a lot! A 100gr crisps has about 550 calories. You could have eaten 6 bags of crisps during this trip plus your calories at maintenance (thus higher than diet calories) to only gain 1 single pound. Try to put it into perspective. It's probably not as bad as you think. ❤️

Answers

• CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I too would rather have the data than not. Weighing daily normalizes the fluctuations for me. At the same time it keeps me accountable to myself. I go into a situation with the thought in the back of my mind that I don’t have to take off what I don’t gain. I make decisions based on whether something is worth it and generally it is.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I found it was the ability to get right back on track that led to my weight loss. When i went on vacation I'd go right back on my healthy eating plan and exercise when i got home.. and that worked. It also worked for a day or a weekend when i went off.. you get right back on plan.