Anyone gained weight and lost motivation after stopping bupropion (antidepressant) ?

Options
Hey there
I took bupropion for about 7 weeks and wasn’t doing well on it so my doctor advised me to stop
After stopping I feel like it messed up with my brain tremendously, I feel much better mentally but my eating and motivation to do better are gone and I gained so much weight
Anyone had a similar experience?
Will I be back to normal ?

Replies

• RobinPollard1
    RobinPollard1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I take bupropion and it does take a bit to get used to it - I had headaches at first and they were terrible, however, after a month they were gone and I felt much better. This pill does cause you to eat less and seems to give you more energy - almost like an amphetamine, so if you gained weight from stopping, it makes sense. I have taken this medication on and off over the years and don't despair, after going off it only takes about a month to get it out of your system - this was how I reacted to it, so you may be different - but your body will right itself soon :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!