Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Copy a recipe instead of creating from scratch

Options
I heavily use the create a recipe feature and have a ton of my recipes saved. I sometimes have a few different variations for my recipe - e.g., I’ll make the same chili recipe but decide to occasionally use turkey instead of beef. In these cases, I have to edit the recipe to fit my meal. With my chili recipe as an example, I have scanned all ingredients and left off the protein, which must be entered separately. I would prefer to have both versions saved, without having to scan each ingredient again, and use which ever matches my meal (turkey vs beef). I feel this would be an easy fix and save me (and likely many others) a ton of time.
Tagged:
6 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 731 MFP Staff
    Options
    You can currently copy any recipes you have created. At the moment this is only available on the website, which I understand may cause some inconvenience, so I will bring this feedback to our internal team to consider extending to the apps for a future update.

On the web, here are the steps to copy a recipe:
    • Click Food then Recipes
    • Find the recipe you would like to copy and select Copy
    • You'll be taken to the recipe editing screen where you should see (copy) at the end of the recipe title
    • Edit your Recipe and Save or Save & Log It