Accountability for the last time?!

Options
I’m looking to connect virtually with anyone who wants to work on their accountability. This is the last time I am doing this so if anyone wants to do it with me, please let me know! I am turning 40 next September and it is time for a change - I have 80 pounds to lose! Wish me luck!

Replies

• aminowaffle
    aminowaffle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ill do it with you! I would love to have someone to go through this with. I have 60 pounds to lose and am 34.
  • FatToFit_Chaser
    FatToFit_Chaser Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    AshEvelynn wrote: »
    I’m looking to connect virtually with anyone who wants to work on their accountability. This is the last time I am doing this so if anyone wants to do it with me, please let me know! I am turning 40 next September and it is time for a change - I have 80 pounds to lose! Wish me luck!
    Last time? So if it doesn't work out you'll quit? Then what?

Learn how to be consistent and habits will kick in. You don't need luck, you just need to be dedicated to getting it done day in and day out. Like brushing your teeth, it's not a matter of motivation but habitual behavior.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,153 Member
    Options
    @AshEvelynn

Have you tried a challenge on MFP? I have tried lots of them; the following are my favorites. They are both friendly competitions with teams - but in a really fun way. Noone really cares who wins, but you work together to try to make your team be on top. Both have new rounds starting in January if you are interested. I highly recommend them. I am still a work in progress, but have lost 64 pounds this year and I owe a lot of my success to these groups.

The first is based off the Biggest Loser TV show, but of course noone gets voted off. There are teams (full disclose I am co-leader in the Determined Desert Tortoises so kind of biased on the best team) who are competing to get the highest score in the challenge and the highest weight loss percentages. The weekly challenges change each week (like a bingo card to check off - with excercise, nutrition and self help chores). The Determined Desert Tortoises are a wonderful group; sharing great ideas, support, motivation, and accountability in such a nonjudgmental way. We would love for you to join us!

If you are interested in joining the BLC 54 you will need to join our registration team and read about our teams to be ready to join us. Registration runs until Dec 27, the next round starts right after the new year - January 3. Give it a try - you won't be disappointed. Follow the links above to learn about the teams and to register.

FOLLOW THIS LINK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE DETERMINED DESERT TORTOISE TEAM:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kdkCp1eT1WatM9XalyEY8gx3j7IKTQLdrwlg6NiJdFM/edit

FOLLOW THIS LINK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE :

https://blcteam.weebly.com/orientation-page.html

FOLLOW THIS LINK TO THE REGISTRATION TEAM AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS THERE TO SIGN UP

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140750-the-blc-biggest-loser-challenge-registration-team

If you are a Harry Potter fan - this challenge is AMAZING. So creative! I am not going to lie, if you do everything (you don't have to), it is a lot. I am in the Hufflepuff house. Here is the next round sign-up thread which starts January 12.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905099/hogwarts-weight-loss-challenge-term-48-9-week-challenge-january-12th-march-17th#latest
  • Onewomanswalk
    Onewomanswalk Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    :) I would love to join you. Accountability has always been tough for me. I'm a bit older at 67 and have about 70lbs to lose.
    I joined the 'Just Give Me 10 Days' challenge, it is in Round 246 now, but I just started my 3rd round today. It has been working for me because it is a daily check-in and only lasts 10 days at a time. I found the short rounds made it easier to commit. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905599/just-give-me-10-days-round-246#latest.
    But I am also looking for a long-term group of people who are also struggling and can support each other to reach our long-term goals.
    I will be celebrating my 50th wedding anniversary in Oct 2024 and hope to lose 40-50 lbs by then.
  • Onewomanswalk
    Onewomanswalk Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    "Whatever you are not changing you are choosing"
    "Read that again!"
    12/08 ~ 231 lb Starting weight
    12/28 ~ 222.8 Calories :), Steps :s, Exercise :s
    ~ I have worked remotely since the start of Covid. Sitting at a desk all day has pounded on the weight. I also had my 2nd knee replacement 8 weeks ago. Rehab has been tough. I am making good strides in my eating habits since I started logging every bite and drink. However, exercise has been my enemy. I can make a million excuses, but they are just excuses. I need help.
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just made a similar post today. If you’re still looking for accountability partner, hi ✋

Do feel free to write me
  • daniellechocron
    daniellechocron Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! Looking for an accountability buddy too. I need to lose around 15 and am getting married in May.