Cardio Options for Severe Pelvic Pain

Options
Hello! I am hoping some of you may have some ideas for me. It's a bit long winded, I apologize. Skip to the last paragraph if you don't want to read.
I am 14 weeks pregnant, and in past pregnancies, have had very severe pelvic pain, to the point that at the end I can hardly walk. My first pregnancy, I was very active up until 32 weeks, when it hit. My second pregnancy, I was not very active (fearful of the pain) and it still hit, that time at 18 weeks.
This time, the pregnancy was unexpected, and I had already paid for a marathon entrance fee. My doctor gave me the go ahead to keep training. Pelvic pain is only painful and inconvenient, it poses no danger to me or baby. It just sucks. I was eager to continue training, and was confident that staying active would stave off the pain longer, much like my first pregnancy.
How very wrong I was. I have it already and I am barely into the second trimester.

I NEED to stay active, for my own sanity. I am able to do things that do not twist my pelvis at all. I am still lifting weights, albeit mostly upper body, and anything with legs must be completely symmetrical, not heavy weight, and slow and steady so that I do not twist or alter form at all. For example, squats, sumo squats, RDL's are all okay. Bulgarian split squats, lunges, things of the like = not okay.
I am still walking, though I expect that to get painful sooner than later. Running I had to table. I ran 9 miles the other day and felt absolutely wonderful...until I stopped. Now I have been in pain since. So much regret. I've deferred my marathon until next year.
Besides the row machine, can anyone else suggest any cardio that keeps both legs in the same relative position?
Swimming is out of the question, too much twisting of the trunk/pelvis I think.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,118 Member
    Options
    Not as common as rowing, but a ski erg could also be an option?
    And I know there are also arm bikes /arm cycling machines, though I've never seen one IRL.