I didn't lose any weight

Options
WernerZiegler1
WernerZiegler1 Posts: 40 Member
edited December 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, i didn't lose any weight from last monday to this even though i eat around 2200-2300 kcal my weight is 85.9 Kg i'm 179 Cm Tall.
I must say i didn't go to the gym the whole weak but
this can't be right

I used to lose 1 Kg a week when i was going to the gym 5 times a week and my kcal intake were the same with 2200 kcal.
So what's wrong?

Can it be that i burned more than 7000 kcal only in the gym?
is 2200-2300 kcal my maintenance?

Replies

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    You can sometimes go weeks with no loss even if you’re in a deficit due to water retention. Around the 4-6 week mark with no loss then you’re probably not in a weekly calorie deficit
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    And dude, you lost super massively for your stats, even more so than you should have. It's quite possible that your body is just recalibrating, like storing a bit more waterweight and hence hiding the massive lost you had. Give it time.
  • WernerZiegler1
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    And dude, you lost super massively for your stats, even more so than you should have. It's quite possible that your body is just recalibrating, like storing a bit more waterweight and hence hiding the massive lost you had. Give it time.

Dude i weight myself every morning with a empty stomach after i took a piss
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,281 Member
    Options

That has no bearing on what Yirara said, you can retain water on an empty bladder.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

😒
  • WernerZiegler1
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »

😒

What??
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options
    I think we've told you on other threads that one week is not enough to see what's really going on . . . that it's the 4-6 week trend that will tell a better story. If we haven't told you that before, I'm saying it now.

Patience. One week can be a random outcome, pretty much. Look at 4-6 week averages on the same calorie/activity regimen, or close, that whole time.

It's unlikely that you burned 7000 calories in 5 days at the gym. If you'd been losing 1kg per week on 2200-2300 calories with the exercise in the mix, it's likely that you lost some fat this week. A change in routine can affect water retention and average digestive contents (on their way to becoming waste), and those affect scale weight. They can mask the smaller-magnitude fat loss on the scale.

Patience. And unless you're ill/injured, stop skipping your workouts. They're not the magic behind your results in total, but working out is good for you, physically and psychologically.

• EricExtreme
    EricExtreme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    As a personal trainer and nutrition coach, I recommend that the scale is the worst way to measure progress for all my clients. It is better to do body measurements using a fabric measuring tape. The scale is misleading and doesn't differentiate between fat, lean body mass, and fluid.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 843 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    As a personal trainer and nutrition coach, I recommend that the scale is the worst way to measure progress for all my clients. It is better to do body measurements using a fabric measuring tape. The scale is misleading and doesn't differentiate between fat, lean body mass, and fluid.

If your clients weighed consistently don’t you think it would teach the very thing you say it doesn’t show? For example, most women typically have 4 phases: menstruation, follicular, ovulation, and a luteal phase. By weighting consistently we learn how phases affect our weight, especially in combination with calorie counting. This is educational, brings peace of mind, and prepares us for what’s to come. In other words, it tells us what is normal so we don’t get frustrated. It also explains our energy levels and how we can work with, not against, that phase of the month.

Can you elaborate how this is counterproductive?

If I took measurements at my most bloated phases (there’s 2) I would learn absolutely nothing in terms of muscle gain, water weight, and fat.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,807 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    If the scale isn't going down in a reasonable amount of time and the person isn’t adding a substantial amount of muscle (very few do) then that is an indication that Fatloss is not happening. Scale is a big gauge of progress for Fatloss. Waist measurement goes hand in hand. Saying the scale sucks as a tool is incorrect.