Your thoughts on Herbalife

Options
Hi

What's your thoughts on herbalife is anyone doing it just now or tried it.

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I have yet to see a success story thread where the OP credits their lasting weight loss to a shake.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Oh man! Another one of these posts? I'm in.
  • shelley234
    shelley234 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm very sceptical about these things, But I have heard a lot off good things about the shakes being very healthy for you.

apparently they have good health benefits.

The gym instructor at my fitness centre has been telling me about them, so I am just looking for any thoughts u all have.
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Personally, I tend to think anything sold through multi-level marketing is a scam. (Or, at best, no better for you than cheaper alternatives.) I'd bet your gym instructor either sells them or is related to somebody who does.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm very sceptical about these things, But I have heard a lot off good things about the shakes being very healthy for you.

apparently they have good health benefits.

The gym instructor at my fitness centre has been telling me about them, so I am just looking for any thoughts u all have.

Is the gym instructor offering to sell them to you?
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Just like every other diet out there, it's a business. If they worked, they would be out of business because there would be no more fat people. Things like Herbalife, and slim fast are designed not to work, sure, you'll drop 10 pounds pretty quick and think they're awesome, then you'll stop, and the weight will come back and just like that you're back buying more of the magic. That's why it's called a roller coaster.

Rigger
  • amandaa_1992
    Options
    I do herbalife and I love it! As well as losing weight I feel a lot more alert and full of energy! :)
  • sedwards91
    Options
    I do herbalife and I love it but I don't like meal replacement or changing my whole diet for shakes so Ive added herbalife into my life as I realised the amazing health benefits of it and the amazing results it has so at the moment I do the shakes , vitamins , fibre pills and protein bars for exercise and mix the formula 1 vanilla shake in with some yoghurt or have it as a kind of milkshake or mix it with pineapple juice to make a tasty drink

And so far in one months I have better skin , more energy and have lost over 7 kg

As I Distrabutor i really don't like seeing people say its meal replacement and don't work long term as I believe herbalife is more a lifestyle aid and very effective and can be used basically how ever you want as well as the normal exercise which it helps as well
  • cocotreasure
    cocotreasure Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a herbalifer and I believe in what it does, and I have had success from the program However, I also believe that anything will work if you are consistant in the plan that is provided. Herbalife works for me because its easy to follow and i have enough freedom to continue to life a realistic lifestyle without losing myself.

I start my day usually at 5am, drink a shake. my 8:30am im eating a snack, by 12:30 i eat a healthy meal for lunch, 4:00ish i have another snack 7:30pm I allow my body to choose, if im hungry i have a healthy meal, if im not too hungry but need to feed myself i drink a shake. 2 months 21 lbs loss.

Now keep in mind that I also teach water aerobics 4 times a week (6am to 7am) and I do Les Mills Pump 3 days a week.

FOR ME, Herbalife is just helping me learn how to have a healthy relationship with food.

I dont get why people call it a scam if the results are really happening... (pics on my page if u need em)

Whatever works to get you healthy, i day work it!
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I do herbalife and I love it but I don't like meal replacement or changing my whole diet for shakes so Ive added herbalife into my life as I realised the amazing health benefits of it and the amazing results it has so at the moment I do the shakes , vitamins , fibre pills and protein bars for exercise and mix the formula 1 vanilla shake in with some yoghurt or have it as a kind of milkshake or mix it with pineapple juice to make a tasty drink

And so far in one months I have better skin , more energy and have lost over 7 kg

As I Distrabutor i really don't like seeing people say its meal replacement and don't work long term as I believe herbalife is more a lifestyle aid and very effective and can be used basically how ever you want as well as the normal exercise which it helps as well

This 100%
  • Crystal7Forza
    Options
    Herbalife honestly changed my life. People say that "if they didn’t know me, they would not believe it" I have had amazing results and believe in this product. I ordered Herbalife just to help my brother in law out but ended up loving it. Herbalife is not just a quick fix its a life style change. If you are wanting a quick fix and then just quit this is NOT for you. I don’t believe in diets, I believe it staying committed and always having proper nutrition and exercise.
    Everyone will have an opinion, it really matters on what works best for you and your life. Best of luck to everyone :-)
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have yet to see a success story thread where the OP credits their lasting weight loss to a shake.

exactly!!
  • tracyowens22
    tracyowens22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been an Herbalifer for over 11 years. I've watched people come and go. The people who want a magic weight loss plan, this isn't for you. I've watched the products change into INCREDIBLE products that WORK if you WORK it! With the nutrition I get from Herbalife, I was able to have a healthy 2nd pregnancy when I did all the wrong things with the 1st pregnancy. It's safe for EVERY body. I was able to breastfeed the 2nd time around because my body was healthy enough to do it. My baby went right from breastmilk to shakes and she is healthy and normal and is now 5! If you think just drinking a shake with change your whole life, think again. Herbalife teaches you how to believe in yourself. Herbalife combines a healthy active lifestyle with better food choices, along with giving the body 100% nutrition. I'm a believer. I'll never go a day without it. Just my opinion.
  • Crystal7Forza
    Options
    I've been an Herbalifer for over 11 years. I've watched people come and go. The people who want a magic weight loss plan, this isn't for you. I've watched the products change into INCREDIBLE products that WORK if you WORK it! With the nutrition I get from Herbalife, I was able to have a healthy 2nd pregnancy when I did all the wrong things with the 1st pregnancy. It's safe for EVERY body. I was able to breastfeed the 2nd time around because my body was healthy enough to do it. My baby went right from breastmilk to shakes and she is healthy and normal and is now 5! If you think just drinking a shake with change your whole life, think again. Herbalife teaches you how to believe in yourself. Herbalife combines a healthy active lifestyle with better food choices, along with giving the body 100% nutrition. I'm a believer. I'll never go a day without it. Just my opinion.
  • Crystal7Forza
    Options
    I agree 100% with the above quote
  • cocotreasure
    cocotreasure Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Yup!
  • gramon29
    gramon29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For someone that posted on here that they have not seen weight loss directly related to Herbalife, I can directly attribute the majority of my weightlos to Herbalife. It helped me change the way I eat and the way I see food. Like another person on this thread, I bought the product primiarly to help out a family member. Not knowing what I was getting myself into, I bought the Formula 1 shake but after seeing some great results within the first two weeks, I was hooked. This was over 2 years ago (or about that much) and I still use Herbalife today. I don't use it for weightloss anymore but more for the protein / health benefits.

For anything to work, whether it is Herbalife or another shake, you have to stick to it, eat right and exercise.
  • _liftnlove
    Options
    No. It's completely unnecessary. Workout, eat right...that's all you need.
  • osucristina30
    Options
    I know people that do it and love it, but they don't just drink a shake, they bust their *kitten* in the gym and eat super healthy. So it's not a quick fix, and yes, you would have the same results without it if you stayed consistent.

Personally, it's not for me because they use artificial (I don't care what name you disguise it under) sugars and soy, which is usually not GMO free. They also use food coloring and flavor additives.

It really depends on what you believe and where you draw the line on what you put in your body!
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Rather spend my money on whey protein.