Can I share my recipes with other people on my fitness pal?

77brian01
77brian01 Posts: 1 Member
Good evening

Answers

• Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    Im sure thats possible (I only use the free version though)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    You can do it in the free version. All you do is be MFP "friends" with the person you want to share with and set your privacy settings for your diary to open to friends (or you could just set it to public and not have to be friends with the person you want to share with). Log your recipe in your diary. The other person can copy the meal from your diary to theirs (using the "options" just above or below the meal, depending on what platform you're using).

They will not, I think, be able to see all the ingredients that go in your recipe.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    Do you mean share them so the other person can log the same thing you ate? Then yes, answer is above.

If you mean publish them in full detail so other people can make that recipe at home, then post the recipe here in the Community.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,966 Member
    Or you can publish your recipe on a web page then post the URL.

A person can then go to their "Recipes" tab and enter the URL and My Fitness Pal will import the ingredients to their recipe. They should then confirm each ingredient is actually correct because that feature does sometimes make errors. Oh boy does it ever. But it is a convenient way to log a recipe. Once you correct it and save it to "My Recipes," it will be available in the future.

Bonus is that if you put it on a web page, the URL will remain with the ingredients in the "My Recipes" area. Then a person can click that link and get the instructions on how to make the item.
  • tnmaydew
    tnmaydew Posts: 3 Member
    Based on the answers here, I feel like the short answer is, “no”? Am I right? Why would my fitness pal not allow you to share recipes? That makes mo sense to me. What’s in it for them?