Introducing myself

Options
Hi my name is Brooklyn. I have been fat shamed for 5 years so that’s why I downloaded this app. Today is day one. I haven’t lost any weight but if I believe in myself I can lose the weight so hopefully for summer I can have my hot girl summer. If there are any haters( prolly not) get out.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,191 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

There's lots of good information here, and if you use the app to track ALL of your food (and drink) and exercise, you'll see the results you expect. Don't try to go too fast - you might not get to your goal by this summer. It's only a few months away! Go slow. That's how you win.

First it's good to set some measurable goals. What goals have you set for yourself? Measurable and achievable! They can be difficult, but they have to be realistic. Best if they are time-bound.

Assuming you already have a goal or two, what strategies will you be incorporating to assure you achieve them? How will you measure?

Keep sticking to it even if you don't feel like you're progressing. You still might be. The only way to fail is to quit. Keep at it. Set goals, develop and adopt strategies, and keep assessing your progress.

It's good that today is day one. The best day to start is last year, and the second best is today. You've already taken that step!
  • billyayling4247
    billyayling4247 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've lost nearly 50 pounds using this app to track my calories and also by walking regularly - up to 25 kms a week. I can assure you that if you keep within your calories and exercise regularly you can do it!!!!! Good luck xx
  • Smokie1964
    Smokie1964 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done you for making the first step. Be consistent and it will work. Good luck x
  • Motownmadmann2023
    Motownmadmann2023 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey you are doing better than a lot of other cause you took the first step probably a hard one to go this and put yourself out there like you did. You got this. We are all here rooting you on. i find tracking what i eat (im on low sodium diet for my heart) and that makes me accountable and if i fail i dont have any one to blame but my self since i started in Nov 2023 im dont about 25 pounds. if you ever get frustrated and need some one to talk to feel free to reach out
  • asteele813
    asteele813 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome Brooklyn!
    I used this app years ago and just got back on it this month. I hope you get better for yourself and your goals.
    Good luck!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,191 Member
    Options
    asteele813 wrote: »
    Welcome Brooklyn!
    I used this app years ago and just got back on it this month. I hope you get better for yourself and your goals.
    Good luck!

Sadly, it appears the original poster came for the day on Solstice and hasn't been back. I hope that it's only the community that they left and that they are busy working on goals, logging food, getting healthier, and sticking to it. I'd love to find out. Maybe we will.
  • Krisandthemum
    Krisandthemum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Brooklynn💐. Shame on them! They can’t steal your power! Glad you joined MFP. Welcome and look forward to supporting each other! 💕