NSV: Stalled, but didn't backslide

Options
So I haven't lost weight or inches. My exercise hasn't improved and my eating habits went down the drain. And I consider this a NSV? You bet! Here's what I didn't do that quanitifies as a NSV: I didn't lose sight of the progess I've made. I didn't stop logging what I ate and the measely exercise I did do. I didn't lose perspective on what I was (or wan't) doing. I didn't lose the good habits I have established-- my eating habits are still better than they were 100 days ago. And I didn't beat myself up.

August is the one month of the year where we don't have school or sports commitments, work slows down and we can just relax a little more. I relaxed my focus on weight loss, I rested more and recharged my batteries. And now I am ready to keep going, stronger than ever.

So with 100 straight days logging on MFP, I am back at it. Getting healthier one step at a time.

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Smart lady! Sometimes taking a break without undoing all the good is important and rejuvenates you. Too many people think of "not losing all the time" as failure and give up. I know you'll tackle this with renewed energy.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I count my summer as a win - but I do not count is as loosing either. I travelled this summer and spent close to two months not at home. I didn't go great at exercising and I didn't do great at eating well (especially the 10 days I spent in the US) but when I weighed in a week after returning home I still weigh roughly what I did before I left. I am gearing up to recommit this week, keeping a closer eye on what I eat and getting back into the exercise but I obviously don't eat the way I used too as I didn't put all the weight back on :) ????

Great to hear that you are back at it!
  • Soulpaint
    Soulpaint Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Excellent attitude and awesome NSV! This is about long term changes and living a great life and you GET that....good for you!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It's great that you see that you're making progress even when you don't think so. I've been stuck for months, and I get down on myself pretty often for it. But I also stop to think every once in a while that I haven't gained any of my 47-pound loss back, and that's pretty major because it means I have changed my life in a big way.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Very cool!
  • redbev306
    Options
    Way to go! I would consider this a victory... as I have made the mistake of giving up many times before in the same circumstances. WHEN I have a hard time in the future, I will hopefully think back to your story to inspire myself to keep pushing too! :) Thank you for sharing!
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    way to go! Just "keep on keepin' on" with the good habits :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!