Is there any value to Premium?

Options
I am thoroughly frustrated at all the ads for Premium membership. Trying to log my food from my phone is nearly impossible because of all the Premium membership stuff. Other than getting rid of the ads, is there any benefit to Premium? I already pay for a work-out app and I have zero interest in recipes. I just want to log my food and exercise.

Replies

• earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I ended up giving it a try and mostly it just gives you more control and flexibility over your settings. For example you can modify your calorie or nutrient goals according to each meal (like if you want to eat more calories at breakfast or whatever) and also enables you to change the setting, where it adds calories to your goal when you exercise. There is also an intermittent fasting to all, but I have not tried that out as I am not currently focused on IF. But if none of those tools are useful to you, then just save your money, the free app has great features. I would recommend just doing the trial and seeing if any of it is interesting to you.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,517 Member
    Options
    Where do you get ads? I sometimes get some when I log a workout, but that's it, really. I can search for food items, copy from the previous day or use an old recipe I created without any ads. Now that I write this: yeah, there's a 'start screen' I guess, but I never look at it. I just go straight to diary. Or log on my computer, with an add-on that makes life a lot more easier.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,554 Member
    Options
    I find the site more usable on Windows. It's easier to deal with my diary, and I don't find the ads to be a problem. If you have access to a PC, try that route.
  • mikkomii223
    mikkomii223 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m on the trial and it gives you good meal plans which is very helpful I think. I’d say it’s worth it .
  • WhiskeyDeltaKilo
    WhiskeyDeltaKilo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the comments. It doesn't appear the Premium version has anything I want or need.
    I don't need the recipes or meal plans. I just want to log food and exercise.
    I'm not going to subscribe just to get rid of the ads. I can generally update from the PC, even though that limits the functionality of the app.