Unrealistic calories adjustments are ruining the app for me

Options
Hi, I am wondering if anyone else experience similar issue to mine. I use Google Fit to track my running and walking activities which should add extra calorie allowance to my day. Lately MFP was adding very unrealistic extra calories, and I just cannot understand their calorie adjustment method. So when I walk 500meters, Google Fit tells me I burned 40 calories (which is reasonable) but MFP says I burden 120 calories. What gives?! And this 120 calories stay and never change (which is contrary to their description on calories adjustments).

This is ruining my app experience and I am a paying customer, I pay for the premium. I am trying to lose weight, and it is impossible if this app cannot track my exercise properly. What should I do?

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,550 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I use an Apple Watch so know nothing about the Google fit experience. But it sounds like there’s a syncing issue of some kind.

Is it recording twice? Or carrying over wrong information altogether?

The only way I’d get a double entry is if I’d hand entered the second one myself.

I’m also wondering …. Do you maybe have a low activity setting but average high steps per day?

MFP has an Apple Watch adjustment. There might be something g similar for Google Fit?

For example, I have my activity set at the highest setting. I often do 20,000+ steps in a day, but most are part of recorded exercise. So MFP actually deducts for me to balance out, like so:

2o6a8e7j1ecm.jpeg

This is so I don’t get “double credit” for steps that were recorded as part of an exercise. If you’ve got a low activity setting but high steps it might be doing the opposite?

Someone more familiar with Google Fit will be along soon, I’m sure , but if you can post a screen shot or two that might be helpful.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,550 Member
    Options
    And PS, welcome to MFP. It does take a while to get familiar with the app, but I promise you, the small investment in time and effort will reward you a thousandfold.
  • NotGvnUp_EJ
    NotGvnUp_EJ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I suggest just creating your own exercises on MFP so that it matches up with whatever Google Fit is suggesting. Then it will automatically calculate the calories burned based on the duration; the time you enter in.

If I'm understanding your concern.