What do.you eat to sustain a raw food diet?

Options
Looking to start a raw food diet the first of the month. For people who eat like this, how many calories do you eat a day and what sources of raw veggies do you find the best to snack with?

Answers

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,566 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    The amount of calories will be the same as for every other diet. There's nothing magical for weightloss or gain about a raw food diet and cico still holds true: eat too much calories and you gain, eat less than your body needs and you'll lose. With such an extreme diet you really need to look into nutrition: enough fats because your body needs them for many essential things, really enough protein to preserve muscles, and also essential vitamins (vitamin B12!) that you only get with eating meat or taking supplements.
  • BikingChronicle
    BikingChronicle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add in 20-30 grams of spirulina and chlorella. It will give you 13 grams of complete protein. Hemp seeds, and chia seeds are great too for omega 3's. You only need about 40-60 grams of protein a day, but these will help get you to your goal.
    A great snack is bell peppers with avacado on top. Make sure to take a b-12 supplement.
  • Afeefah20
    Afeefah20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I know this was front a year ago but my best advice is to follow some vegan youtubers. I like turnip vegan. Sweet potato soul and naturally raw Christina they have great advice on how to eat and food looks like it taste amazing