Success stories from older, short females

Options
I am 4' 11" and 53 years old. Are there any females out there with close stats that have been successful? If so, what was your methods (diet, exercise, etc.).

Thanks.

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I am sure that there are plenty of folks with similar stats to you, but you might need to use the search feature to find them.

I am a bit younger and bit taller than you, but have lost around 45 pounds over the past year.

I would advise you to calculate your basal metabolic rate (BMR) and your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) and eat at a deficit of 15% - 20% off of your TDEE at most, depending on how much you have to lose.

Try to do something active every day, even if it is just a short walk. Some say that 80% of weight loss is diet and 20% is exercise. The important thing is to increase your activity level gradually, and try to work in some resistance training, and eat a good amount of protein in order to maintain your muscle mass while you are losing fat.

Good luck with your weight loss program.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!