300+

Options
Well here I am once again. Another year down the drain, and I didn’t even come close to doing what I set out to do. But, I have a feeling this year will be different!!! Because I am already making changes. I downloaded this app, and I am getting a treadmill for my home. I’m not really sure of my weight, I just know I’m over 300, and I feel like crap most days. My joints hurt, it hurts to walk, my back aches. And I am tired of it!!! My husband and son have committed to helping me. Joining in when they can, helping me stay on track. I have some goals in mind, nothing major just little things. My husband and I are talking about going to Washington D.C., and I want to be able to walk around without having to sit every 10 minutes, or being out of breath. This is not just a diet, this is a lifestyle change!!!!

Replies

• pammyNNP
    pammyNNP Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this. It is hard and I honestly think that unless you have ever had a truly large amount of weight to lose that you can sympathize...but not really understand. Not taking away from the people that have a few pounds to lose, way to get healthy! But, it is nearly soul crushing when you try to look at 100+ pounds to go. I get it. For me, I think the key is to take it in small chunks...and remember to reward all of those mini goals met. At my heaviest I was 335lbs on this 5'2 body. I did manage to get down to 200 a few years ago and have now gained back to 248. It is a slippery slope for sure and I allowed poor habits to creep back in. I am here again and will work toward getting to goal finally. It can be done :) You got this!
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    What’s your plan?
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »
    What’s your plan?

Yep, a solid plan helped me to lose the weight and keep it off... :)
  • christyhickman4296
    christyhickman4296 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »
    What’s your plan?

My plan as of now

stay consistent with logging, no matter what.

Walking more, I just got my treadmill in today, so this weekend I will get my room set up

Drink more water

Get in the habit of measuring out food portions

• Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,914 Member
    Options
    Good plan!
    Most important rule! Don't quit!