New Year gym goers

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
Well I got up early, arrived 2 hours before opening to prep gym for a big opening and now at 8am, there's only about 20 people here. :D
I'm sure it's gonna pick up, but don't see any new people yet. Guess New Year's revolutionists aren't as excited as year's past.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I went at lunchtime and was surprised at how empty the gym was. Pleasantly surprised because I do prefer less people around, but thought there would be the usual new year commitment.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    I would think that people are hungover/tired today, and the New Year's crowds will start moving forward. I remember gyms were always a ghost town the Monday after Superbowl Sunday.

I was happy to see three groups of people on my trail today. (This is not a very busy trail.) At 40°F, it's warmer than usual here south of Boston. :lol:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Still waiting to see how it turns out. It's still the same morning crowd with just a couple of new faces, but it's 5:30am so I'll bet around 8am it'll be more crowded. Not to mention I have kbox class this morning so see how many people come to my class at 9am.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • meb2490
    meb2490 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I was a gym member for years until the pandemic. I haven't been back since they removed all my favortie classes from the schedule. There were always a few new people in January but I never really noticed a huge difference. I took lots of group exercise classes and you could always tell the newbie and know that they would not be returning.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    First trip to the gym for the new year will be today but if it's anything like last year there was no noticeable deluge of gym goers during lunch time.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    Two days into the new year, and the 0500 crowd is basically the same as it always was. Based on previous years' experience, I bet the 0900 crowd is larger, but I won't know that until Friday when I don't have to go to work and can hit the gym a little later in the morning.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    I'm dreading being the new 0500 gal. Mostly because I was a regular 0500 gal for years. Note to self: those who know you will be glad to see you back. Those who don't know you won't care unless you're in their way. Guess if I'm tired of starting over, I better quit giving up. Back on the horse (or bike) in 2023...
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,265 Member
    Options
    I might wait a week before I go back. Maybe two. But I'll probably have no problem now that I can go at 11:00 or 13:30 or times when it's just the usual older crowd and some college kids.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    My first 2024 gym visit was yesterday. Definitely some new faces, I'm not worried though, they will drop out in a few weeks... :)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    A little bigger crowd yesterday. Mostly in the afternoon.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png