Need to lose 2 stones, please join me 40s Jan 2024

Options

Replies

• shawks3645
    shawks3645 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well ive lost 2 pounds this week , counting calories and loads and loads of steps. 1half inches off my alcohol belly too. Treat night tonight then back on it…
  • carley_marie83
    carley_marie83 Posts: 59 Member
    edited January 12
    Options
    Hi I am Carley i am 40 years old. My weight last Saturday was 99.3 kilos, my goal for January is 97 kilos. I need to break it down and focus month by month, and small goal. Tomorrow is my weigh in.
  • carley_marie83
    Options
    shawks3645 wrote: »
    Well ive lost 2 pounds this week , counting calories and loads and loads of steps. 1half inches off my alcohol belly too. Treat night tonight then back on it…

Congratulations!
  • megskibunny
    megskibunny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What time of day are you all doing your IF?
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 858 Member
    edited January 12
    Options
    @ddsb1111 I didn't do the same thing as I'm doing now, when I lost the weight before. I was just strictly counting calories and exercising, not paying attention to my other macros. My mindset is better, than it was. When I lost weight before, me thinking "this is just temporary" and going back to eating the way I wanted is what contributed to me gaining, plus other events I don't want to go into. But this is going to work, because I see how my body feels with the lower carbs/sugar, so I feel carrying it as a lifestyle will be easier. If that makes sense! I won't necessarily be ONLY taking in 1200 calories of course I'll add to maintain.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »
    Sweetzyd wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Just turned 40 last month. Looking to lose 35 pounds (not sure what that is in stones). I am doing 16:8 IF, 1200 calories/day and low carbs/sugar. I'm doing modified keto, so I can still have plenty of carbs but I just try and stick with 70 or less/day. Met my goal weight 5 years ago and gained it back. Really started getting serious again in October of last year. Lost 12 lbs in about 8 weeks and gained some back over the holidays. I feel so much better since I made this change in my diet. I had horrible brain fog and very low energy before, and just felt really bad. Once I get to goal weight, I plan to keep this lifestyle but I'd like to add in more fruit. Good luck everyone!

Just curious, if it didn’t work as a lifestyle for you before why do it again? 16/8, 1200 calories, low carbs/sugar, would be impossible for me for the rest of my life personally. Why not do something much easier and enjoyable for the rest of your life? Genuine question. I hope you reach every goal and then some 😊

See above post! I didn't tag that right. I'm not good at these things 😆
  • Sweetzyd
    Options

That's great!! Congrats 👏
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just turned 40 last month. Looking to lose 35 pounds (not sure what that is in stones). I am doing 16:8 IF, 1200 calories/day and low carbs/sugar. I'm doing modified keto, so I can still have plenty of carbs but I just try and stick with 70 or less/day. Met my goal weight 5 years ago and gained it back. Really started getting serious again in October of last year. Lost 12 lbs in about 8 weeks and gained some back over the holidays. I feel so much better since I made this change in my diet. I had horrible brain fog and very low energy before, and just felt really bad. Once I get to goal weight, I plan to keep this lifestyle but I'd like to add in more fruit. Good luck everyone!

Just curious, if it didn’t work as a lifestyle for you before why do it again? 16/8, 1200 calories, low carbs/sugar, would be impossible for me for the rest of my life personally. Why not do something much easier and enjoyable for the rest of your life? Genuine question. I hope you reach every goal and then some 😊

No worries and thanks for your response! I’m happy to hear you’re in a better place and ready to tackle this as a lifestyle. We’re here for you and hope you continue to check back.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options

No worries and thanks for your response! I’m happy to hear you’re in a better place and ready to tackle this as a lifestyle. We’re here for you and hope you continue to check back.

Thanks so much! Did I miss your story? How are things going for you?
  • shawks3645
    Options
    I’d love to join you, manage to gain 3.5 stone over the last 18 months after being at my goal weight for about the same amount of time (the longest in my adult life).

I started yesterday at 14st 2, target is 10st 10. I know when I’m there I feel great, I can move my body the way I want and don’t worry about how I hold myself or what I wear.

I have hit peri menopause and lack of motivation, aches and pains and cravings have meant my weight has been creeping up all last year. I now have patches and the motivation to do something about it!

I’m hoping to post a weekly update in the group, is that what it’s for?

I’ve previously done a weekly slimming class, but can’t fit the meetings in my schedule, so I’m logging my food here and also doing IF for the first time!

I think im in peri too, i never understood what sore joints were until now 🤦‍♀️Im doing a weekly weigh in Friday morning. How often do you and everyone else?

• carley_marie83
    Options

I eat from 12pm-8pm
  • carley_marie83
    Options
    I feel so proud of myself, I lost 700 grams (1.54lbs) this week.
  • OnTheRoad24
    OnTheRoad24 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

How do i send friend request 🤦‍♀️Can’t see the option on a member’s profile?

@shawks3645 You can click their name, - click View Profile - click MyFitnessPal Profile - click the People Group icon Voila! Add me if you'd like! 🙂

what’s the People Group icon? duh 🙄

🤔

4cseosb4hp4m.jpg

@shawks3645 did you try it out? Did it work for you?

• ddsb1111
    edited January 13
    Options

Sorry I didn’t say 🤦🏼‍♀️ 😂

I do OMAD, which means One Meal A Day. So basically a pretty short window of IF, let’s call it 23/1 Lol.

I got super serious about weight loss with my husband July 1, 2023 and reached my (then) goal weight in 3 months. I’ve been maintaining for the last 3.5 months and I’m ready to lose the last vanity lbs because I want to see what that looks and feels like. It’s 2024, and I’ve got some pretty epic work and fitness goals, and I’m excited to get to work. It all starts in the mind, and the rest will follow. 🙏🏻
  • Sweetzyd
    Options

I do OMAD, which means One Meal A Day. So basically a pretty short window of IF, let’s call it 23/1 Lol.

I got super serious about weight loss with my husband July 1, 2023 and reached my (then) goal weight in 3 months. I’ve been maintaining for the last 3.5 months and I’m ready to lose the last vanity lbs because I want to see what that looks and feels like. It’s 2024, and I’ve got some pretty epic work and fitness goals, and I’m excited to get to work. It all starts in the mind, and the rest will follow. 🙏🏻

Wow that's awesome! Congrats 👏. I love when couples work on their fitness goals together. Yes, it truly is all a mindset thing! I know you'll meet your goals!
  • ddsb1111
    Options

Wow that's awesome! Congrats 👏. I love when couples work on their fitness goals together. Yes, it truly is all a mindset thing! I know you'll meet your goals!

We’ve got this! Love everyone’s energy ❤️
  • Sweetzyd
    Options

Usually, I have my dessert 8-8:30 pm and that is the last time I eat until around 1pm the next day.
  • shawks3645
    Options
    Hi everyone, i need to catch up on this thread, how’s everyone doing? Ive lost 6 pounds now , yaaay .Sticking with this 💯
  • Changeling34
    Changeling34 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m a little late to the party here but would love to join you all. I started 1st of jan at 195lbs, currently 186. I’m eating around 1500 calls a day as I find 1200 as directed by mfp to restrictive. I’m never hungry on 1500 but trying to hit all my nutrition goals helps I think. I have lost 9lb this month and thought that was slow going but good to see that this rate of weight loss is mirroring you guys. I’m getting married end of May and would like to get as close to my goal of 150 as possible by then. I’m peri to at 42 and get a lot of migraines but just started HRT and hoping as it kicks in to get more exercise in through February. We’ve got this, let’s make 2024 the year we get to where we want to be, healthy and happy!
  • Sweetzyd
    edited February 1
    Options
    Hi everyone, i need to catch up on this thread, how’s everyone doing? Ive lost 6 pounds now , yaaay .Sticking with this 💯

That's great! Congrats 👏