26lbs gone in 11wks

Options
melissamathis545
melissamathis545 Posts: 2 Member
edited January 4 in Success Stories
At 182lbs I thought work out people were CRAZY.

Truth: I was insecure. Secretly I wanted to be them but making fun of them made me feel better about myself. That's hard to admit. ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Fast forward I lost 26 lbs. I knew AFTER focusing on nutrition the next habit for sustainability was getting active. I started dance classes to ease myself into the fitness world doing what I thought was "fun".

Fast forward again another 2 years later I dabled in weights then I decided I wanted to truly build muscle and I committed to the process. Begging the best trainer to take me as her client and I began my real lifting journey. Hating it in the beginning to it becoming my favorite part of every day. My commitment turned into a love. The results and changes in my body drive me daily. I still have a long way to go but seeing me go up in weights and getting stronger does produce a high my antidepressants never did.

Moral of the story. What do YOU need to be open minded to trying in 2024. Is it begining a fitness journey? Is it saying yes to getting your nutrition in check and losing the weight once and for freaking all? Or beginning a supplement regimen or getting your macros dialed it to take your fitness to that next level? Whatever it is I CAN HELP U. I'm not your average influencer that talks a good game or thinks I know it all. I don't. But I have been where u are. 182lbs to here๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿผ has taught me a few things. You can completely change your life. It's your
hv3iqm4vak2h.jpeg
time.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,369 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the great results!

I had a similar experience, starting from 183 pounds at age 59. However, to my detriment, I'm sadly not as in love with strength training as you are. Just by modifying my eating habits, within a year, I was 50-some pounds down, and at a healthy weight (after about 30 previous years of overweight/obesity).

My "fitness journey" (though I wouldn't call it that) started earlier, in my late 40s after cancer treatment . . . I was slow to get the "healthy weight" thing dialed in after that, hence fat until 59-60. As you know, regular exercise alone is not a full answer.

Nutrition is important, no question. Sometimes I think people overcomplicate it. I'm not a fan of relying on supplements, though I do use some: I think they're more of an adjunct or insurance policy, best to get as much nutrition as possible from food.

Exercise (strength and cardiovascular) is important for health, too, of course. I'm not perfect on that front, but certainly in better shape than average for my demographic, and have been active since my late 40s/early 50s.

IMO, there are surprisingly many people hanging around here who've been pretty successful at losing weight and improving fitness. I've learned a lot from some of the successful "old hands". I hope you'll dive in and participate freely in the MFP Community, helping out others with your experience and knowledge, because you've obviously achieved a lot.

Best wishes!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!