Alcohol free or cut down

Options
annliz23
annliz23 Posts: 3,287 Member
edited January 4 in Health and Weight Loss
It all started when I was 20 slowly at first but over the years it has got worse and now at 61 I need to change things.
1/1/24 Day 1 AF free
2/1/24 Day 2 AF free
3/1/24 Day 3 1 glass if wine

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited January 5
    Options
    @annliz23 you may find this monthly thread helpful. I don't post on it but from what snippets I have read, over a number of months, it is a friendly welcoming group of folks.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905981/less-alcohol-january-2024-one-day-at-a-time/p1

Cheers, h.
  • annliz23
    Options
    @annliz23 you may find this monthly thread helpful. I don't post on it but from what snippets I have read, over a number of months, it is a friendly welcoming group of folks.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905981/less-alcohol-january-2024-one-day-at-a-time/p1

Cheers, h.

Thank you just what I need.
  • StealthyJen
    StealthyJen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My drinking got out of control a couple years ago during the stress of the pandemic. I stopped by just not purchasing it and eventually the cravings faded. You don’t have to listen to your brain telling you how much you want it. There’s some good stuff written out there about cravings and how to ignore the voice in your head telling you you need it. The author Jack Trimpey comes to mind but there are other authors. It was hard walking past the wine aisle for a good 6 months. Now it’s easy. Now if I have a drink or two if I go out to dinner or something it just gives me poor sleep and a headache and it doesn’t feel worth it anymore.
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I just stopped drinking. For me, there's no cutting down. It's gotta be all the way. I'm reading a book, The Sober Diaries, and it really resonates for me.
  • bscribner16
    bscribner16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking on March 1, 2021 for lent and have not had another drop.
  • andreastokes1794
    andreastokes1794 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a weekend social drinker so this first January weekend was the test and I am pleased to say I passed! Dry Janaury was one of the challanges I set myself, walking 3000 steps every day was another. I am 58 with arthritic knees so I can't walk too far. But I manged to do this 6 days out of the 7 😍.
    Looking ahead for the 2nd week.
    Oh and I dropped 3lbs so a pretty good start.
  • bscribner16
    bscribner16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a weekend social drinker so this first January weekend was the test and I am pleased to say I passed! Dry Janaury was one of the challanges I set myself, walking 3000 steps every day was another. I am 58 with arthritic knees so I can't walk too far. But I manged to do this 6 days out of the 7 😍.

That is great. Keep up the great work
  • annliz23
    Options

Fantastic well done
  • annliz23
    Options
    I have had 4 out of 7 days AF so a start.