Bariatric Buddies

Options
Hey there! I'll be going in for bariatric surgery (sleeve) and I want to find a support network of womxn/enby folks who want to support each other! Doesn't matter what stage you're in.

Replies

• fitfat1975
    fitfat1975 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had surgery in November. Thankfully everything went smoothly. I’m so happy I had the surgery. I have no regrets.
  • immarinasmom
    immarinasmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m scheduled to have the bypass in March. Currently at my highest weight ever - 260 and hope to get down to 180. It would be nice to have others to bounce thoughts and ideas off of.
  • zombiekookie
    zombiekookie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just had my sleeve surgery 12/ 28. Its been interesting. I thought my recovery would be more difficult, but now I'm just sitting waiting to be able to do more than just walk.

Isopure clear will help you keep water and protien intake up during the first weeks. 3 16oz bottle will do the trick. Don't go crazy buying different broths. I have so much broth thinking I'd drink that but it just made me have to drink more to get my protien.
  • kountrygrl27
    kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    HI!! My name is Sara and I was sleeved in 2018, i have maintained my goal weight and then some for over 5 yrs. I love helping and sharing the information I have learned with others. If anyone is wanting help or accountability or just someone whose been there please reach out!! I am about to create an accountability and support group on snapchat for anyone wanting more one on one help. If anyone is interested in joining in please feel free to msg me. I have done this before and it was a great success!!!
    HW- 260ish
    SW-242
    GW-150
    CW 129 ( maintaining wt for 3 yrs currently)
  • jaderichardson2023
    jaderichardson2023 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I had gastric sleeve Jan 9th I’m getting into soft foods now , I’m a slow looser but I’m excited to see what the future holds. I feel like I have no restrictions when it comes to how my body is reacting to food so hopefully I still lose, hoping to lose 100lbs

Hw: 270
    Sw: 256
    Cw:234
    Gw: anywhere between 155-170
  • TashaRenee606
    TashaRenee606 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone. I’m scheduled to have the sleeve in March. Highest weight was 412. Current weight is 395. Goal weight is 180. I’ve been kicking my butt in the gym 6 days a week and getting in this protein. It’s nice to meet those who have either gone through this surgery or getting ready to. It’s definitely not the easy way out. This is the hardest thing I’ve done my entire life.
  • BrachaRadin
    BrachaRadin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'll be going in for bariatric surgery (sleeve) and I want to find a support network of womxn/enby folks who want to support each other! Doesn't matter what stage you're in.

Hi. I had my surgery October 23, 2015 and I lost 90 lbs. Since then I've been a steady 144, but recently I see my weight creeping up and I'm disappointed in myself. There is a lot of stress in my life and over the past 2 years several of my friends have died including my only brother and my dog!

Certainly support is key and I'm here both to give an receive.

G'd bless you,

Bracha
  • clareralph83
    clareralph83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had my sleeve surgery Friday. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated x
  • 1990london
    1990london Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m 62 and had a bypass done October 3rd 2023. My first appointment was in May and I weighed 240. I lost around 25 before my surgery and 40 since then. I’m now with 175.
    My goal is 160. A lot of my weight was on my belly and now I have some extra skin causing rashes. Anyone with same issue? I really don’t want to have another surgery. Can I lose fat on these area? I work 40 hours a week and mostly seating down and don’t have energy to exercise.
    Any suggestions?
  • _sirenofthesea_
    _sirenofthesea_ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    VSG in January 2023 - feel free to add me - down about 100 pounds - trying to get my chit in gear to lose the last 20 I wanna lose!
  • melly8099
    melly8099 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Melissa. I had RNY done on 3-27-23. My starting weight was 342. I am now down 168 lbs weighing now at 174. Best decision I ever made.
  • KMorasse317
    KMorasse317 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just celebrated 1 year since my gastric bypass on 2/22/24. SW 259, CW 164.4. I am only 10.4 pounds from my ultimate goal weight. Absolutely the best decision I have ever made! I have more energy, have been able to discontinue anxiety and depression meds, and finally feel like the person I've wanted to be all along!
  • KMorasse317
    KMorasse317 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1990london wrote: »
    Hello, I’m 62 and had a bypass done October 3rd 2023. My first appointment was in May and I weighed 240. I lost around 25 before my surgery and 40 since then. I’m now with 175.
    My goal is 160. A lot of my weight was on my belly and now I have some extra skin causing rashes. Anyone with same issue? I really don’t want to have another surgery. Can I lose fat on these area? I work 40 hours a week and mostly seating down and don’t have energy to exercise.
    Any suggestions?

Not having energy to exercise is common if you are not moving your body. My advice is to start small - maybe find some core exercises to do daily for just 5-10 minutes. The more you move, the more energy you'll have. You just need to commit to it for a week or two before you'll notice that your energy is increasing (and you'll likely notice other changes such as more restful sleep, clearer mind, etc.).
    There really isn't any way to get rid of the excess skin without toning your muscle. I also recommend using antibacterial soap (like Dial) for your problem areas to help reduce the rash.
  • WAMommy
    WAMommy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 48. I was sleeved 11/11/23. I am down about 53 pounds from my heaviest weight. I feel amazing most days, body dismorphia catches me up sometimes and I get uncomfortable in my own skin. I would love to be a part of a group of women who have had bariatric surgery.

Starting wt: 237
    Current wt: 184
    Goal wt: 130-ish