Aired: My Big Fat Revenge

Options
mandeenicoleb
mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
I wanted to make sure I wasn't posting an already ongoing topic, and I see that there was one....but 2 weeks ago in anticipation of the show.

So.....anyone catch it last night?

Replies

• mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I wanted to make sure I wasn't posting an already ongoing topic, and I see that there was one....but 2 weeks ago in anticipation of the show.

I started watching it, but had to step out, so i recorded it.... hopefully husband didnt delete it! Will post my review later lol
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options

I started watching it, but had to step out, so i recorded it.... hopefully husband didnt delete it! Will post my review later lol

It was very interesting. I don't want to spoil anything! I just reallllly didn't like the first girl's ex.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    The idea of this show makes my blood boil. It's insulting.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options

I'd love to hear more!
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    What is this show about?
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options

Agreed. Every time the commercial comes on, I have to refrain from throwing the remote. :explode:
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    What is this show about?

It is basically a bunch of girls trying to lose weight so they can get revenge on exes/friends/etc. that called them fat.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I saw the one with the girl who wanted "revenge" on her mother... That lady made me sick. She could've benefitted from a few parenting classes along the way.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    What is this show about?

It is basically a bunch of girls trying to lose weight so they can get revenge on exes/friends/etc. that called them fat.

How sad. I'm happy I don't have cable.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    while whatever motivates you to lose the weight is a good thing, doing it to prove someone wrong or to get back at them is about 1st grade mentality if i have ever seen it. and i laugh CONSTANTLY at fart jokes
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I will have to eatch it thanks
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What is this show about?

Oh, that's kind of sad. Still letting them control their lives. The best revenge is to move on and be happy.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Everything about this show is what is wrong with the world.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Everything about this show is what is wrong with the world.

this is true and can be extended to almost everything on TV these days.

it was known as the idiot box once upon a time... and for a good reason.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    The logic behind this show is so wrong... These people were humiliated for their weight, so clearly the only way to really snub the offenders is to give in change to meet their approval. Ugh it just frustrates me beyond belief. Losing weight is no a revenge tactic. I guarantee you each and every one of them will put the weight back on because their motivation is wrong anyway.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    The logic behind this show is so wrong... These people were humiliated for their weight, so clearly the only way to really snub the offenders is to give in change to meet their approval. Ugh it just frustrates me beyond belief. Losing weight is no a revenge tactic. I guarantee you each and every one of them will put the weight back on because their motivation is wrong anyway.

I get that. It shouldn't be the reason. I figured some people who get on the show really DO want to lose the weight and might look for someone to maybe get revenge on. You figure if you apply for the show you get a free trainer and nutritionist and the kinds of resources they may "feel" they "need."

That being said, I do tend to watch a lot of horrible reality shows.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    So i'm watching my free hd over the air channels the other night and shut it off after i determined there was nothing worth watching on it. I thought, i should break down and get cable. But then i realized there would still be nothing on worth watching and i'd be pissing away $1200 a year. The idea of this show is offensive. Lose weight for you and no one else.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    So I decided I will play devil's advocate here....

While all the comments about the reasons for losing weight on this show are true, you should never want to do it for any one other than yourself,

It IS true and a reality that a lot of people lose weight to "get back at" people who they feel have wronged them. Its not necessarily right but it is true.

I think deep down that mentality is in everyone who is trying to get in shape, somewhere deep down they want to prove some one wrong
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I think I'd rather go out and exercise than watch a show like that.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options

That being said, I do tend to watch a lot of horrible reality shows.