So tired

Options
I started my diet 9 weeks ago. Ive lost around 28lbs since then. I average around 3.2 lbs a week depends on how much I do ect. ?However, recently I invested in a Bodymedia fit. I synced this site and that device together for some reason they aren't updating the info.. However that's not my problem.

I had a inside stationary bike I used for the past 8 weeks, it broke down So I borrowed a Gazelle Freestyle from a friend. Ive been using it since last Thursday of last week. I do 30 minutes of quick movement. My Bodyfit says I burn about 260-300 calories during that time. Thursday - Monday I did fine with moderate body aches the days afterwards. However, The past 2 days, When Im done I feel so dang tired. Usually exercise makes me energized but now Im just plain tired and almost dozing off constantly.

My diet hasn't changed, I still consume 1500 calories a day of healthy whole grains, lean protiens, veggies, small amounts of fruits ( not a fruit person) ect. I consume about 9-10 classes of water a day.

What could possibly making me so tired?

( If additional information is required to get an answer to my question please let me know :)( Thanks in advance)

Replies

• MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary will help.

Personally, I find that when I'm in too big of a deficit, the exercising is harder, leaves me sore longer, and exhausts me more than when I am eating at maintenance, or above. You may consider keeping a smaller deficit for a while, and see how you fare. Also, ensure you are getting adequate protein.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    As obvious as it sounds, it may be that you're not eating enough. 3.2 lbs a week is a lot of weight to lose, and it may be that your calorie deficit is too large, especially to sustain over long periods of time. Looking at your profile, you have over 100 lbs to lose, which means that you can "get away with" a larger deficit than someone who is leaner. However, it may be that for your activity level, the amount your eating now just isn't enough to provide you with the energy you need. I would consider upping your calories a bit. I really struggled with energy when I was eating 1200 calories a day (which is similar to what you're netting). When I upped them by just 2-300, I had much more energy.

Since you've been at this a while, I would also consider taking a two week diet break where you eat at maintenance. There are psychological as well as physiological benefits to that. Check this out: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html

Another thing to consider is whether you're getting enough micronutrients, as deficiencies will make you feel tired as well.

Also, (again kind of obvious but..) are you getting enough sleep?
  • ValerieHope300
    ValerieHope300 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Actually I just checked my bodyfit media and it says my sleep has been a been outta whack for the past few days. I guess That should be it. Also Today Im trying a whew protein shake before my workout and Ill see it maybe that helps. Im just getting discouraged with being tired ofter workout. Also Ive been working out for 9 weeks and I feel my fitness level hasn't increased. I mean Ive been in the 20-30 minute workout range for 9 weeks.. Figured by now I would've worked my way up to at least 45-60 minutes a day.
  • LittleAngelamj
    LittleAngelamj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You definitley need to eat more so you will have more energy to burn...
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Actually I just checked my bodyfit media and it says my sleep has been a been outta whack for the past few days. I guess That should be it. Also Today Im trying a whew protein shake before my workout and Ill see it maybe that helps. Im just getting discouraged with being tired ofter workout. Also Ive been working out for 9 weeks and I feel my fitness level hasn't increased. I mean Ive been in the 20-30 minute workout range for 9 weeks.. Figured by now I would've worked my way up to at least 45-60 minutes a day.
    Well, it definitely sounds like sleep may be the culprit, at least in part. I honestly would look at the calories though, or at least consider a diet break. You will struggle to progress fitness wise if you're not getting enough fuel. I know it sounds like the opposite of what you want to do when you have a lot to lose and it's coming off quickly, but you have to take care of yourself too.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Also Ive been working out for 9 weeks and I feel my fitness level hasn't increased. I mean Ive been in the 20-30 minute workout range for 9 weeks.. Figured by now I would've worked my way up to at least 45-60 minutes a day.

I'm going to ask what may seem like an obvious question, too, but have you tried working out for 45 minutes? I've been working out regularly now (5x/week) for about 4 1/2 months, but just came to MFP 4 weeks ago and have a good deal to lose. I found that I could push myself with the exercise. Maybe an interval type program would help you build endurance. After three months of steady cardio combined with weight training, I started a calisthenics (planks, sit-ups, lunges, jumping jacks, burpees, etc) and leveled cardio program. Ex: cardio the first week might be run 1 min, walk 1 min for 10x (equalling 20 mins); next week might be run 2 min, walk 1 min for 7 or 8x (equalling 21 or 24 minutes). I've been amazed at how each week I can conquer the next challenge. When I have more time on the weekends (usually I work out before work), I really push myslef to do double the calisthenics, some weight training, and add at least 10-15 minutes onto my cardio intervals. I can definitely see a fitness level improvement, but it didn't happen overnight and I had to take on a challenge. Good luck to you...you can do it!