Trying Again..... need friends.....

InekeAk
InekeAk Posts: 9 Member
I hit 300.2 for the first time this last week. I need ankle surgery and in the past I think I kept my weight from going up by getting steps in but in last year it is not happening and I have gained close to 30 pounds. I really for once in my life get down to something comfortable. I have a very active 10 yoa daughter who loves being active and would love to have a mom who can do things with her.
If I could even hit 220 I would feel amazing. I am great at supporting people but hard time holding myself to what I need to do. At one point I never missed a day logging for several years but I just am having a hard time even logging steady. I need some friends to make me feel like I want to keep up with this.....😉
If you feel like supporting each other I would love more friends.
Thanks for anyone taking the time to read this!

Replies

• dotkar
    dotkar Posts: 2 Member
    I am restarting also! Need to find a way forward that I can stick to. We can do this!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,187 Member
    slow and steady. it takes a long time and that’s ok!
  • lisamhall2021
    lisamhall2021 Posts: 4 Member
    Think of advice you would give a close friend, then follow it. Start treating yourself like your best friend, including positive (never negative) self-talk. You are worth it, and you can do it! Hugs!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,973 Member
    Welcome!

Don't count on anyone else holding you accountable. You are the only person who can do that. You just need to look to the future you that you want to be and act in the now to make that change. Make it slowly to succeed. Set good goals. Stick to it. Definitely stick to it.

If you're looking for a group here in community that will challenge you and support you, a group that will share your successes and help you see your way past your shortcomings, search for "lose 1 pound a week and keep it off." It's a private group, but you'll be approved. The only requirements is to set some goals when you start and then weigh in once a week. There's other challenges; they are all optional.

Whatever you do, practice self-compassion. It's tough, and it's important.
  • carley_marie83
    carley_marie83 Posts: 59 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Welcome!

Don't count on anyone else holding you accountable. You are the only person who can do that. You just need to look to the future you that you want to be and act in the now to make that change. Make it slowly to succeed. Set good goals. Stick to it. Definitely stick to it.

If you're looking for a group here in community that will challenge you and support you, a group that will share your successes and help you see your way past your shortcomings, search for "lose 1 pound a week and keep it off." It's a private group, but you'll be approved. The only requirements is to set some goals when you start and then weigh in once a week. There's other challenges; they are all optional.

Whatever you do, practice self-compassion. It's tough, and it's important.

Such amazing advice and I completely agree with <3

• anmlmzdiet
    anmlmzdiet Posts: 179 Member
    I am starting over again too, and I am exactly 300lbs right now. I've lost 25lbs so far, but I Agree, 300 just seems wild. Like, how did I ever let myself get here. Anyway, I've got a few addictions to deal with, soda being my worst vice, so, I'm definitely looking for friends. You can add me. Michelle