Nutrient calculation - can’t make the sums balance!!

Options
Hello 👋🏼

Very long time MFP user but first ever Community Question!

I’m trying to focus more on my nutrients, but am confused by the nutrients screen. Basically, I’ve got my protein ‘allowance’ set to 153g per day, which is about 35% of my intake. But when I look at today’s food log, whilst I’ve definitely not hit my target (!) the micronutrients page shows how many grams I’ve had (75g, which is about right), and that my goal is 92g (??), and what’s left is 117g (??).

I can’t see where this ‘goal’ of 92g has come from, or where the 117g has come from?

Am I having a dizzy moment?! I just can’t see where the ‘goal’ and ‘what’s left’ figures come from, because they don’t seem related to my actual target?

Have included a screen shot of today’s ‘sums’ which have confused me, and the blank goals which are for tomorrow so hopefully you can see what I mean?!

Sorry if I’m missing something very obvious 🤪

Thanks in advance 😊

Hattie he7r4ocd6c72.jpeg
we2mhm5snp6a.jpeg

Best Answer

• Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Tomorrow's protein shows none eaten, a goal of 153 grams, and 153 grams still to be eaten.

Today's protein shows 75 grams eaten, a goal of 192 grams, and 117 grams still to be eaten. 192 grams accounts for a percentage of your original calorie goal + the same percentage of calories added to your original goal for exercise performed and added to your diary today. 117 grams still to be eaten is 192-75.

You'll notice sugar, fat, saturated fat all went up, while fiber and cholesterol did not. MFP considers some things variable, depending on your changing calorie goal, while other goals are constant.

Answers

• HarriboHat
    HarriboHat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That makes sense - I appreciate your help. Have a smiley day 😊