14 day plank challenge starting TODAY

Options
tatilove1988
tatilove1988 Posts: 315 Member
So this morning I woke up and realized my core needed some help, so I’m starting this plank challenge for the next 2 weeks.

I invite you to join me if you’d like.

I will simply be posting here for accountability.

Here’s the challenge:

To be done 3 times a day.
- In the morning after waking up.
- In the afternoon
- In the evening before bedtime stretching

Day 1: 10 seconds- 2 sets
Day 2: 20 seconds- 2 sets
Day 3: 30 seconds- 2 sets
Day 4: 40 seconds- 3 sets
Day 5: 50 seconds- 3 sets
Day 6: 1 minute! (60 seconds)- 3 sets
Day 7: 70 seconds- 3 sets
Day 8: 80 seconds- 3 sets
Day 9: 90 seconds- 3 set
Day 10: 100 seconds- 4 sets
Day 11: 110 seconds- 4 sets
Day 12: 2 minutes! (120 seconds)- sets to exhaution
Day 13: 130 seconds- sets to exhaution
Day 14: 140 seconds- Sets to exhaution

Replies

• tatilove1988
    Options
    Day 1 complete

First two sets this morning made me realize I did the right thing starting this challenge. Core was shaking during a 10 second plank.

Afternoon planks were as difficult but I could feel my core already slightly more stable.

Evening plank, my core felt again, a bit more stable (less shaking) and I held them for 15 seconds.
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    Day 2

Morning planks complete.

Had to do the about an hour apart because of an unforeseen situation.
    I try to hold it for a couple seconds more.
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    Day 2 complete

Core already getting stronger; held planks a few seconds longer. Form also improved a bit
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    Day 3 complete

Today was hard because I felt sore and weak. I was able to hold all 6 planks for more than 30 seconds but didn’t feel as strong as I did yesterday.

Because my sore body needed the rest, today my only exercises are planks and yoga. Hopefully with a good night’s sleep, tomorrow will be easier and I’ll be less sore.
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    Day 4- morning planks

My morning planks were kinda tough, but I did three sets of 40 seconds (for a total of 2 minutes). My core was shaking like never before lol 😂 but I powered through. I had to remind myself that it’s not supposed to be easy.
  • tatilove1988
    edited January 12
    Options
    Day 4 complete

I had to listen to my body. My afternoon planks were right after the gym and I could only hold 1 of them for 40 seconds. The rest I simply did until I couldn’t hold anymore.

Just did my evening planks, held two 40 second planks, and the third plank was 20 seconds.

I’ve decided to take a rest day tomorrow. I didn’t plan a rest day on my challenge (should have) but I feel like my body needs it. I told myself going in that I would listen to my body.
    That said, if I wake up tomorrow and feel better and less sore, I might give it a try
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    Day 5- first sets of planks done!

3 set of 50 seconds.

The rest day definitely helped. I will take another when I feel my body needs it.
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    Day 5 done!

I was out all day so only got home late in the evening to do my last sets of planks of the day. So I did 6 planks instead of 9 today.

Tomorrow I will be doing 60 second planks. To think just earlier this week I could barely hold a 10 second plank without shaking. My core has improved so quickly. I do wonder though if I shouldn’t increase by 5 second increments instead of 10 once I’ve done the 1 minute plank.

I’ll see how day 7 goes, and will decide then.

• tatilove1988
    Options
    Day 6

60 second planks. Morning planks done in the afternoon
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    Day 7 done!

Having trouble holding for 70 seconds.
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    Day 8 done!
    Doing 5 second increments
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    Have to take a few days off due to health reasons. Will continue once I get the clear from doc
  • tatilove1988
    Options
    I’m nicely healed and ready to continue my plank challenge. I wonder if I should just start over 🤔
    Either way, I’ll try to see how long I can hold a plank, and take it from there