From a munter into an alpha male.

Options
Short story.

I used to be 340 lbs when I weighted myself. That was last summer.

I got bigger by winter and didn't weight myself because I didn't want to see how fat I really am.

I wore waist 40 pants, I would sweat all the time even while sitting down, I would play on PC until 4 AM and wake up at 5 PM, I couldn't run to catch a bus for 20 metres as I would sweat the out, etc.

I was a miserable fat sad who ate a ton of fatty and sweet food every day. I never was a junk food addict, just ate really a lot. E.g. 2 kgs of chicken wings in 1 go with mashed potato (a lot of butter).

So one day this January I was like, "hmm, time to get swole".

Lost 120 lbs at least. I am 215 lbs which is in "normal" weight category finally.

Now I lift more than 99% of dudes in my gym, can run 5 miles in 20 minutes easily, go to gym every day and eat clean as .

In addition to that I am swole as , get offers daily and feel ing AWESOME!

Come at me, bro.

Before: pic

After: vid

Tip: enable annotations as I took some time doing those. Video has nice commentary so audio is good too.

Before: http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1276/o6nr.jpg

After: link removed by staff

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Can't see the pic from work. Will have to check this out later.

Sooooooooooooooo.............................bump
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success but I don't believe you can run 5 consecutive 4 minute miles so I'm calling BS on that part. Kilometers MAYBE.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success but I don't believe you can run 5 consecutive 4 minute miles so I'm calling BS on that part. Kilometers MAYBE.
    I dunno, I went for a run yesterday night on the track and there was a young guy that absolutely smoked me. I did 5K in 30 mins, he did the same in 15.
  • disasterman
    Options
    I dunno, I went for a run yesterday night on the track and there was a young guy that absolutely smoked me. I did 5K in 30 mins, he did the same in 15.

Yeah those young guys who are runners will do a 5k in 15-16 minutes. IMO 30 minutes is very respectable and means you're running at a sub 10 minute mile pace. Very good especially for someone who was significantly overweight. Congrats again on your success!

ETA: In case you're interested, the world record mile run for men is 3:43. It's 4:12 for women.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    don't mean to sound petty, but you weighed 340lbs and wore waist 40 trousers? Hmmmm are you 11 foot tall? Otherwise, sounds unlikely to me. But hey, if it's not complete and utter bulls*it, good on you.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options

The entire post and video is a joke.

Congrats on the weight loss OP.
  • disasterman
    Options

The entire post and video is a joke.

Congrats on the weight loss OP.

I'm not usually challenged in the humor department but this one escaped me. I didn't get to the video.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So you no longer go out picking mushrooms?
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    don't mean to sound petty, but you weighed 340lbs and wore waist 40 trousers? Hmmmm are you 11 foot tall? Otherwise, sounds unlikely to me. But hey, if it's not complete and utter bulls*it, good on you.

Yup calling BS!! Go from 340 pounds and run 4 minute mile, you betcha! And a 5k is only 3.1 miles so if you can do that in 20 minutes, you are doing pretty good!
  • rml_16
    Options

Yup calling BS!! Go from 340 pounds and run 4 minute mile, you betcha! And a 5k is only 3.1 miles so if you can do that in 20 minutes, you are doing pretty good!
    There are two former Olympians who live here. They can do a 5K in about that time.
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    ur video = LOL
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    ^This
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    He probably meant 5k not 5 miles because I doubt anyone would go from blah to boom... now I am an elite athlete in that amount of time if ever...
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Anyone else think that weight on the bar in the video almost looked like a cartoon? LOL
  • cherilyn666
    cherilyn666 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    meant km yes lol

obviosly not miles ;o
  • ksuh999
    Options

Yeah those young guys who are runners will do a 5k in 15-16 minutes. IMO 30 minutes is very respectable and means you're running at a sub 10 minute mile pace. Very good especially for someone who was significantly overweight. Congrats again on your success!

ETA: In case you're interested, the world record mile run for men is 3:43. It's 4:12 for women.
    My best time is around 24.5 minutes for 5K. I find I can only do one "fast" run a week as my legs just get too sore.
  • rml_16
    Options
    meant km yes lol

obviosly not miles ;o
    Yeah, um, as I said, the former OLYMPIC athletes I know can do that. It's unlikely someone like you can.
  • nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I weighed 322 pounds in October when I started my diet. I had a 47 inch waist. I'm 6' 3". Also, you lost 120 pounds in 7 months? That's incredible.
  • ksuh999
    Options
    meant km yes lol

obviosly not miles ;o
    Yeah, um, as I said, the former OLYMPIC athletes I know can do that. It's unlikely someone like you can.
    Sub 20 min times are hardly restricted to olympic athletes.

http://www.sportstats.ca/displayResults.xhtml?racecode=104370
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    aw man why'd the vid get removed then? I was just gonna break out the popcorn!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!