6 Months to a new me

Options
Looking for some accountability buddies or a small group to keep me on track.
I am a young 51M that was ok being a little overweight since I was so active at work. I recently promoted and now I sit more that I move. The scale has been creeping up to the point that something must change.
I have had some good success with Keto, IF, and even Carnivore diet. It is just not sustainable when I usually eat with a group at work and cook for the family at home.
The epiphany came over the weekend when I traveled for work, sat in the hotel room, and ate an entire bag of potato chips for dinner. I slept like crap and then couldn’t figure out why my pants didn’t fit in the morning. This is what brought me here. This ends today, well, actually yesterday.
My Goal: lose 40# in 6 months.
My How: low carb, Intermittent fasting, more active.
My Why: 2 weeks in Italy end of June and I don’t want to be miserable.

SW: 234
GW: 190
Posting every meal during my 1month trial to see if I want to continue with premium.
At least 10000 steps per day.
18:6 IF most days.

Are you looking for the same? Can we help each other? Please add me, male or female, young or old. I could use the help, and if you are reading this, I bet you could use the help too. Let’s do this together.

Replies

• CastleOfIce
    CastleOfIce Posts: 44 Member
    edited January 17
    Options
    I tried keto, lost a bunch of weight but it made my psoriasis flair up something chronic. Since then went to pescatarian then vegetarian then fully plant-based (not a preachy vegan I promise, I just follow the diet because it works) and kept losing.

My Goal: Get to sub-200 by 2026.
    My How: Plant-based, Intermittent fasting, more active.
    My Why: I don't want to die in my 40s.

SW: 420 (Feb 2023)
    CW: 342
    GW: 199

Posting every meal, diary on public, weight on public. At least 8,000 steps per day. 16:8 IF.

Sent you a request.
  • Im_Jim
    Im_Jim Posts: 6 Member
    Options

SW: 420 (Feb 2023)
    CW: 342
    GW: 199

Sounds like you are on the right track. I applaud your success this far. I know it is hard to stay consistent when there are so many unhealthy options within reach. What I tell myself is that I don’t have to be perfect, just be better today, than I was yesterday. That goes to everything… eating, exercising, water intake, and even sleep. So let’s keep doing better, we got this!
  • juliehealy17
    juliehealy17 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 24
    Options
    Just rejoined myself from WW