So glad to be back after all these years

Options
My name is Jennifer and I live in the SF Bay Area. I was a public health researcher specializing in the health effects of air pollution for most of my career. I've been retired for about 2 years now. I have plenty of time for walking which is my main form of exercise. I have walked all the streets in 5 cities using Citystrides, more than half of Oakland, CA and onto city #6. I call it very local travel. Despite all that activity, I've been slowly gaining weight since my retirement. So, time to track. I used MyFitnessPal for several years a long time ago. For me, this works best with "friends" going through the same adventure. Would love to hear from any and all of you!

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,625 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I retired a little under two years ago. I remember everyone telling me how great retirement is. They were all wrong. It's BETTER!

While it's not the "friends" that you can add from the main MFP site, you might enjoy a group that I'm in. It's a friendly bunch of folks who support each other. We share successes and struggles. We have some ongoing challenges for those who wish to participate, but they're totally optional. We sometimes have "special" challenges too, and they are also optional. The only requirement is to record your starting weight and your goals for the end of each quarter and then simply to weigh in once a week.

You'd be welcome to join us. It's a private group, so you have to request to join, but you'll be approved.

Interested? Check out Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off!. We're waiting for you.