Tracking workouts and steps?

Options
Is there an ap or something like a wristband or something that tracks your movement throughout the day? I have a polarft4 but would like something that keeps track day to day of what I do. Like syncs to my computer or something? Make sense? So I can look and see that yesterday I burned 2500 calories and Saturday I burned 2000 calories and so on. Or I can look and see that at 10 am i am the most active during the day and I need to move more around 4 pm.. Make sense?

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    You just described every fad gadget out there right now. Jawbone UP, Fitbit, Nike Fuel, Bodymedia.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You just described every fad gadget out there right now. Jawbone UP, Fitbit, Nike Fuel, Bodymedia.

beat me to it...IMHO, save your money. People go out of their way and spend all kinds of $$$ trying to make something that will always be an estimate into an exact science.
  • chphotography
    chphotography Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It keeps me motivated. If I see that I burned 2230 calories today I try to beat that tomorrow! Since getting my polar ft4 my workouts have increased quite a bit. It really helps me out! I think I will check these out! Thanks!
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    you could get a fitbit but just dont take the data at 100% face value. But as a way to motivate you to do a little bit more each day they are good. When used properly they can be a good tool to gauge your daily activity, but most people use them incorrectly or even worse, find ways to cheat the numbers so they look like they are doing better.