Why am I taking myfitnesspal less seriously than before?

Options
Hey everyone I joined mfp late may and was going strong up until the beginning of August because I was on vacation for a month and didn't get to use the site because sometimes I didn't have internet connection.

Ever since i'v come back i don't feel like i'm as dedicated as before even though I really want to be. I've been eating fairly well and excersizing but just generally demotivated.

Any tips on how to pick myself up again? I really want to hit my monthly goal again...

Replies

• EbonyGlitter
    EbonyGlitter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck in a similar rut for months now. I'm just not feeling it. :/
    I've gone as far as to create 2 new profiles just to have a fresh start but I'm still not feeling it. I do like the site though....I figure my issues are more personal and stress-related.

I wish I had advice to give but I am frustrated.
    At least we know that we are not alone!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Set a new mini goal for yourself to get excited about.

Most of us experience days, weeks, etc where we just lag a little and don't feel as driven. Just gotta pick yourself back up and get back to work. Only you can achieve your health/fitness goals and no one can lend you the motivation to do it unless you want it badly enough.
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew the answer, but I want to let you know that you're not alone. I was the same way. I had no problems. No weak moments. I was extremely dedicated.

Then I went on a 3 week vacation and have struggled to get back to it.

I agree with trying minigoals. I am almost back on track but am still lacking that almost automatic drive I had before.
  • uvonne610
    uvonne610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been there also! Then I found I was doing more damage to my self cause I was worried about the number on the scale. Just to get you back into it try to weigh yourself maybe once a week. And set other goals like mine is walk 5 miles a week. Cause that is a goal I can see and I know I did it. If it doesn't reflect on the scale I don't beat myself up over it cause I know me walking those 5 miles is more then I did the week before and maybe add another mile each week.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I went on vacation for a week mid August, and feel like my workouts have lost some intensity. I've also haven't been able to get back into the 6-7 days a week workouts like I was for the 8 months before I left! I just keep doing it, though, and hope eventually I'll pick up the pace and get back into it hardcore. I had a great, hard workout tonight, and feel good about it. Hopefully that's the kick I needed. My only advice is to just keep at it and wait for something to click.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Been there. Screen time isn't exactly a hard-wired want. Technology fasts tend to have effects that stick unless one's lifestyle reinforces a drive to use. Try logging on paper and transferring it to the site when it's convenient.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I think once we have allowed ourselves to take a "vacation" its generally tough to get back on track. Give yourself some time and gradually come back around. Set a mini goal and give yourself a treat for hitting it. Just dont give up.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Well duhhh! because you don't have me as your friend lol jk. All kidding aside, I went through the same thing also. If the motivation isn't there then being committed to mfp will be extremely difficult. It takes a lot to log in and track your cals everyday so it can be hard.

You need to find that spark again... what ever it may be. If you got to make new goals or take a break from the website. I don't know but I think you will find that urge to be on here more as time pass. :)
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I joined mfp late may and was going strong up until the beginning of August because I was on vacation for a month and didn't get to use the site because sometimes I didn't have internet connection.

Ever since i'v come back i don't feel like i'm as dedicated as before even though I really want to be. I've been eating fairly well and excersizing but just generally demotivated.

Any tips on how to pick myself up again? I really want to hit my monthly goal again...

yes, just begin again. You got out of your mode, and got distracted is all. Maybe you started to miss your old foods. so just begin again.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options

Because it's easy to forget how far we've come and what got us to where we are. Compare yourself now to where you were then. Wanna go back?