FitSpresso

Options
Hi everyone

Just wondering, has anyone tried FitSpresso? If so, how have you found it, has it worked for you? Pros and Cons?

Thanks
Rachel

Answers

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    edited January 14
    Options
    Never heard of it. Did a google search and the sites that came up were either super sketchy or questionable fifth-tier “news” outlets.

Even Reddit was devoid of comments or reviews, other than a woman in ED recovery who watched a 45 minute (!!!!) ad, ordered some, and then came to her senses.

Anything, diet supplement or not, that takes 45 minutes to push something on you is a scam in my mind.

Why not just count calories (free!) and exercise (walk for free!), know what’s going in your precious (and only!!!) body, and not take risks?

I’ve lost 97 doing exactly that and at no point have I ever resorted to a pill, supplement, or fad.

My mom, otoh, bought many many diet pills, and the only calories she ever burned was tap tap tapping the keys to order the things.

I have to tell ya, honey, there are no quick fixes in life for much of anything. If there were, there’d be a stampede, like there is to Ozempic et al these days. But even there, they’re starting to tell people “learn new habits because it comes back on if you don’t”.

Stay here and read and learn how to lose slowly, methodically, creating new habits to keep it off. It’s not glossy and not glam, but it works.

Ask yourself, how desperate am I to put some unknown something down my gullet to lose a few, and questions what sense that even makes.

Hugs. Was obese for decades, so I feel ya, babe.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,859 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it. (Didn't need it to lose 50+ pounds, improve my fitness well beyond average for my demographic).

Looked at the web site, $39-59 a month, very cagey about what the ingredients are but making all the usual claims ("organic herbal blend" that "can boost your metabolism . . . help you to burn the unwanted fat in your body . . . increase your energy levels, and . . . help you to control your weight").

They list some of the ingredients (Chlorogenic Acid, L-Carnitine, L-Theanine, Milk Thistle, Chromium, Ginseng, Green Tea, Zinc), not all. How much of any one of those things (plus other ingredients!) do you expect would actually be in one daily capsule?

Note disclaimer: "Please note that the information presented, including links and product details, is not based on FDA research findings."

Most of those supplements listed have a non-miraculous track record, small effects in small studies at most, generally.

Drink coffee (or green tea, or both) for a caffeine boost, get overall good nutrition, eat the right number of calories for sensibly moderate weight loss, get some fun (non-punitive) exercise, and save the $39+ a month, I'd suggest. Major in the majors, not the minors (if this is even that) . . . and don't make skeezy marketers richer.

Best wishes for success, you can do it!