I'm back and need friends

Options
cnbbnc
cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
Hello to anyone reading this! My gosh....it's been so long since I've been here that I don't even know how to use the app anymore....everything is so different!

Anyway, it's been several years and now I'm 52yo. I managed to lose a ton of weight here before, but I did it in a very regimented way, and as the typical story goes.... I'm back bigger than ever.

Now it's different though in that as I'm aging I'm fearing for my health much more than vanity. Nevermind now I look. I feel awful every single day and I need to fix myself. I'm severely overweight. My body aches. And I just feel terrible.

If anyone here is a female around the same age who isn't in this to starve themselves thin (there are plenty of those here, and I can't do the ED thing anymore) I'd love to become friends. I just dont think I can do the "general population" here anymore as I can't get caught up in unhealthy behavior. I'm too old and tired to deal with it.

If you read this....thanks.

Replies

• underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    35 but on a mission to lose 100lbs. Counting calories.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 54 and also trying to do a map reboot so to speak. Lost 30 something before, life happened, knee surgery, weight regained plus some. I forget how to add friends on here! Add me if you like!
  • pkiessig
    pkiessig Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, same age group here! 53 f and am also back after a few years. Health challenges and just going back to old habits for comfort put some weight back on. I started strength training again and focusing on being strong + healthy eating. I loved your comment because I get really frustrated with women. My age that are still trying to starve themselves into the “perfect body “I refuse to do that as well.! Nice to meet you!
  • NotGvnUp_EJ
    NotGvnUp_EJ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I was on here several years ago and was doing great, now I'm back at it trying again but with new challenges and some weight gain. Not giving up yet though.

• KellyDeAnnDougherty
    Options
    Good Morning. I am Kelly and just turned 55. Needing to be committed to this and having more friends the better! :)
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    55YO male here currently maintaining at around 150lbs give or take a pound.

You can friend me if you want. I promise to be a gentleman... lol
  • CoffeeCastle
    CoffeeCastle Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 15
    Options
    I’m definitely interested in more friends. I just turned 47 this weekend and I also was very successful here YEARS ago. I’m back with not too much weight to lose, but my diet since I left has turned absolutely horrible. A very stressful personal life for several years had me eating lots of convenience and comfort foods. My blood pressure became a very big issue. Also at the end of a work day my body hurts. I feel much older than I should. So I am back here to completely change my way of eating and lose 12-15 lbs., fix my blood pressure, and help my body to stop feeling like it’s 80 years old.
    I definitely could use support because food reality has become my means of coping in a very unhealthy way.
    My account was all messed up so I needed to start a brand new account, therefore any friends I had still here from my time here are now lost.
    I understand if you’d rather not add me if our goals are very different but I’m here if you’d like to. 😊
    Edit: I can’t remember how to send friend requests!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    Hello to anyone reading this! My gosh....it's been so long since I've been here that I don't even know how to use the app anymore....everything is so different!

Anyway, it's been several years and now I'm 52yo. I managed to lose a ton of weight here before, but I did it in a very regimented way, and as the typical story goes.... I'm back bigger than ever.

Now it's different though in that as I'm aging I'm fearing for my health much more than vanity. Nevermind now I look. I feel awful every single day and I need to fix myself. I'm severely overweight. My body aches. And I just feel terrible.

If anyone here is a female around the same age who isn't in this to starve themselves thin (there are plenty of those here, and I can't do the ED thing anymore) I'd love to become friends. I just dont think I can do the "general population" here anymore as I can't get caught up in unhealthy behavior. I'm too old and tired to deal with it.

If you read this....thanks.

I remember when you were active on the message boards years ago. Much like you, I leave, come back, slack off and leave again.... rinse and repeat.

BUT though things have changed a lot, the "general population" is much less radical than in years past. MFP has made some changes to limit the extremist type stuff that was rampant here for years. It's a kinder, and more gentle place with overall less judgement I think.
  • intelligfee
    intelligfee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am s bit older than you, but on the same journey. Friend me if you like. Hugs
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    54ShadesOfBlue Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Recently Back on track here - 50 days so far. Putting it all out there for full accountability. 54 YO male, just in it for the health, camaraderie and support. Add me if you want.
  • whimsy38
    whimsy38 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I will be 54 in March :) Working on my health above all else and always try to be a positive voice. Glad to be added if you like.
  • wheels1872
    wheels1872 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi add me if you want I’m 36
  • ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I will be 54 soon...I want to lose about 30 in a permanent sensible way
    ..never want to do this again...add me if you want