i Am looking for some advice and if im doing the right thing or not

Options
Will i loose weight if i do this everyday?
I do some walking on a treadmill
avg 5-6kmh 25 minutes .

And running for about 5 minutes
avg 7-8kmh .

I do some fasting
6:30pm i will not eat until 12pm
In 12pm i eat lunch -6:30 i eat dinner

And i drink 2000ml of water

I weight 90kg in the last 3 days

And i do a calorie deficit
1900 calories

Answers

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,445 Member
    Options
    For weightloss, all you need is a calorie deficit. I just ran the data you provided: walking for 30 minutes at your weight at this speed will give you about 135 calories net (https://exrx.net/Calculators/WalkRunMETs) the running will not add a lot to that. Thus in order to lose 1kg you'd need to do this for about 57 days.

Thus yeah, exercise is great for health, for your heart, for your joints. For weightloss you need to be in a calorie deficit, thus eat less than your body needs at your current weight.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,349 Member
    Options
    Did you use the MyFitnessPal guided setup to settle on 1900 calories, and how much did you tell it that you want to lose per week? The number that MFP gives you is before you get on the treadmill for a half hour. You have to tell your diary you did that, and it will add calories. Exercise is good for your health and fitness, but it may burn fewer calories than you think.

I suggest you do some of your own calculations. Go over to Sailrabbit and enter your stats and see what it tells you. Sailrabbit is different in that it includes calories from exercise. If other than your treadmill you're relatively sedentary, I'd select "slightly active," but see what it says for "lightly active" too.

For grins, I just made a wild guess you are male, 40 years old, and 175 cm tall. If that is correct, you would expect to lose about a half pound per week eating 2226 calories, so for sure you'd lose at 1900. At 1900 calories per day, you'd expect to lose about a pound a week.

Let us know what you find out, then monitor your own progress. If your results are what you expect, keep going. If your results don't match expectations, change something up and THEN keep going.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    The fasting is irrelevant. The meal timing is irrelevant. The water is irrelevant, in that yes people should get plenty, but that ideal amount is going to vary massively based on the person, the climate, their exercise, etc.

If you're consistently in a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight.

If your meal timing helps you reach a calorie deficit and you find that sustainable, then it's working for you.