Need Help w the weight

Options
How do I change my starting weight? In July I started my weight loss journey and have lost 38 lbs. How do I change it from 1lb loss to 38 lbs loss?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    edited January 15
    Options
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/edit

Just set your Start weight to the weight you want.

It's found on the web version under Home > Check in > Edit Previous Entries
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,541 Member
    Options
    I think we need some more info here. You can log your current weight as often as you like: every day, eeek, month. And you can set a start weight. This goes down as you log your current weight. You can also set a weekly weightloss goal between 0.5-2lbs per week. It sounds like you might mix up something. Are you on computer or app? Ios or android?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,603 Member
    Options
    How do I change my starting weight? In July I started my weight loss journey and have lost 38 lbs. How do I change it from 1lb loss to 38 lbs loss?

You can change your starting weight. If you do, you should also change your starting DATE. The bad part is that you'll lose the success story from the loss you've already worked for!

You can do a weight "check in" as often as you like. Then MFP will track that. You can even look at a graph and say, "Look what I did! That's awesome!"

To change your weight loss goal, just go through the guided setup again. Put in your CURRENT weight (not starting weight) and tell it how fast you want to lose.

Congratulations on losing almost 40 pounds. Another good thing to think about is what you'll do when you get to your final goal. Maintaining weight loss is, sadly, just as difficult as losing weight. The only difference is you get a few more calories per day/week.