Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Add exercise

Options
System
System Posts: 1,900 MFP Staff
This discussion was created from comments split from: Tag Suggestions.
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• stillwatermb
    stillwatermb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add a tag in the exercise section called upper body dumb bells sets. I walk with a 2lb dumb bell and use them while walking: pushing back, lifting forward, over head from the side, lifting up from the shoulders, and across the body.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,162 Member
    Options
    Please add a tag in the exercise section called upper body dumb bells sets. I walk with a 2lb dumb bell and use them while walking: pushing back, lifting forward, over head from the side, lifting up from the shoulders, and across the body.

Is it a hashtag you want, not an exercise in the exercise database?

If it's the latter, you can use "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" in the cardiovascular section of the MFP exercise database to log your workout. It assumes there are some normal between-set rests, so you log the whole time period including those. If no rests at all, it may still be OK, or you could consider one of the "Circuit training" options, though "Circuit training, general" looks a little generous in calorie terms to me.