5/3/1 App

Options
Does anyone have any recommends for the 5/3/1 protocol for Android?

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any recommends for the 5/3/1 protocol for Android?

Nah, I don't mess with that ****. My phones stay in my locker while I workout, no distractions. I just calculate everything in an Excel spreadsheet on my PC and jot my workout plan in a notebook that I use for my log, keep it simple. Besides, you don't have to worry about dropping a 45lb plate or DB on your phone, notebooks are easy to replace. :D
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Big Lifts / Big Lifts Pro

I have the free version for the iPhone, and it seems to be less buggy than the Pro version, at least according to reviews.

Also, I've been lifting for a few years while using my phone for tracking. Never had an accident. And a bluetooth headset makes the crappy LA Fitness music go away.
  • TX_RattleSnake
    Options

I used this app for my first 10 months of 5/3/1 now I just write it down in a notebook.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

I used this app for my first 10 months of 5/3/1 now I just write it down in a notebook.

Does the app work with some of the stuff in the new Beyond 5/3/1? Some of the new formats aren't as straight-forward. For instance, with the format I use I can do heavy singles up to my training max and even rep-out my training max OR do singles and try and go past my training max, then pyramid back down. Plus I like to take notes and jot stuff down, just my preference.