Women over 60 trying to lose weight and get fit and healthy

Options
2»

Replies

• zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Hi there. 65 and in maintenance since 2017. My main focus is strength and fitness as that seems REALLY hard to keep up with. I also notice recovery takes longer both cardio and muscle which annoys me to no end because I hate rest days. I started doing small 10 min arm/back weight session videos every other day last August and I think it has helped even tho it doesn't seem like much. I had several back muscle injuries very painful early last year which kept me from playing tennis. So just checking in and seeing what everyone else is seeing in this decade....

i, too, am not as resilient as i once was, and i hate rest days, but sometimes i have no choice. after some injuries, i'm slowly coming back, but it's so challenging to work around injuries when i want to lift heavy and exercise bike harder. still, i'm seeing significant improvements - i guess something i need to work on is my patience LOL

every little bit helps! 10 minutes of lifting will still strengthen your muscles! hopefully your back is improving and will keep improving.

in the past few years, i have increased my exercise biking from 15 minutes max to an hour (did a little over an hour the other day, but have some pain afterward), and also finally increased the resistance.
    increased my lower back extensions and weighted curls from 30 to 50 pounds (will be 55 pounds next week, i'm thinking), and i'm about to add weight for the first time to my deadlifts, which i've been doing with an empty bar. not bad for someone in their 60s who had shoulder and leg injuries and all but lived at a desk for years, i'm thinking.