Old but new.

Options
Hi everyone. I was an MFP member a while ago when I successfully lost 5 stone while attending Slimming World meetings for support. I lost the weight in 6 months. The reason for my success was realising it was and is only about what foods you put into your body. I am lucky because I already know a lot about how nutrition affects health. I spent 4o odd years in the food industry as a classically trained chef working in top end, low end and dead end jobs.
I am retired now, I have put a stone and a half back on since my weight loss. I am 60, and I get a lot of exercise by attending the gym 3 times a week mixing up cardio with strength and resistance training but even though I have developed more muscle mass I know I am overweight so I am on here to monitor how I am fixing it.

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,047 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi, welcome back to the community!!
  • Sharonimo55
    Sharonimo55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello Nige. Fellow UK person here using a combination of Slimming World and MFP for tracking and accountability. I have lost 25 lbs since November but still have about 70 lbs (ish) to lose. Am finding MFP extremely helpful in this regard. Welcome!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    Good luck, stick at it and you will see results, you can do it.
  • nigeypiggy
    nigeypiggy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello Nige. Fellow UK person here using a combination of Slimming World and MFP for tracking and accountability. I have lost 25 lbs since November but still have about 70 lbs (ish) to lose. Am finding MFP extremely helpful in this regard. Welcome!

Hi, I enjoyed Slimming World as it allowed me to connect with others and receive encouragement for my weight loss journey. It was the best decision I made to deal with my unhealthy relationship with food. After my wife and I joined Slimming World, I became determined to lose weight as quickly and safely as possible. The only other time I was this focused was when I quit smoking 25 years ago. I followed all the right advice on nutrition and exercise and managed to lose 5.6 stone in just six months. However, over the past 5-6 years, I have gained around one and a half stone. I am once again obsessed with losing weight MFP is a new way of helping me to do this. Although I have been going to the gym regularly, I must be mindful that some of the weight gain may be due to increased muscle mass. However, my bulging tummy is proof that I need to reduce my waistline. So I am on a mission to let's say make things a little less tighter around the middle. Take care and keep on trucking.