Sharing food diary with friends has disappeared

Options
Just done an update to MFP iOS version 24.2.0 and the ability to share a friends food diary has disappeared. My wife loads meals into MFP and I copy them across into my app. Nothing else has changed and the privacy settings for diary sharing are set as ‘friends only’. The little blue diary icon has now disappeared off my wife’s profile. I’ve logged in and out of both devices but can find a way of transferring her meals to my device.

Any thoughts?

Best Answers

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 765 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi all! Our team is aware that some of our iOS users may be experiencing not being able to see the options to view the diary of, remove, or message a friend in the app. Our team is investigating the issue and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you can still view your friend's dairy or message them via myfitnesspal.com/friends. If they have the option to share a link to their diary when they complete it for the day to the newsfeed, that link will also work. Past links on the newsfeed can also be used and then you can navigate between days from the date picker at the top of the diary.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in the meantime!
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 765 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you all for your patience and understanding! We have released version 24.4.0 to the App Store that includes a fix for this issue.

If after updating you are still having issues, please reach out to us here https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new for further support.

Answers

• hello6140
    hello6140 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 23
    Options
    Here to comment and say I’m having the same issue! My partner and I both updated our apps and now we can no longer share our diaries with each other. I submitted an issue center request.
  • 5xv5v92fvc
    5xv5v92fvc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Having the same issue. This is a very important feature in our household. Please fix.
    durden wrote: »
    Apologies for any problems you are having. To reach our support team for assistance, please visit https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com

• MAO872012
    MAO872012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same! Following….
  • djbrown6725
    djbrown6725 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please fix. The sharing of meals is an issue for my household too. I’m paying for the premium version and not impressed that I can’t share or see others diaries.
  • chrisneville81
    chrisneville81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Following, this is a major problem/step-backward for my household too. Support case raised in parallel.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up to people waiting for a fix, if a user completes their diary and the other user then looks at their news feed, you can see the “has completed their diary” post which has a View Diary button on it. This will get you into their diary and you can adjust the date from there. Not ideal but it’s a workaround for now.
  • djbrown6725
    Options
    The complete diary function doesn’t appear in my friends newsfeed… has anyone heard about a fix to the sharing issue yet?
  • Bischoff3
    Bischoff3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else experiencing issues with viewing friend diary logs through the app? My wife typically creates recipes through her account, and then I go and copy it over. As of the last couple days I can longer view.

I’ve checked all the sharing settings and both have public selected.
  • jessicaepierson
    jessicaepierson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can no longer see my friends’ diaries from my app. Their settings are still set to share their diaries with friends, but I don’t even see the diary icon anymore when I visit their profile in the app. Really loved this feature & easily being able to share recipes.
  • olivierdu69
    olivierdu69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. It is very frustrating. Please republish the former version which had no bug.
    And since you are working on the issue , can you see if you can make it easier for a household to have the same meal copied for all members ?
  • djbrown6725
    Options
    My case has been closed by the support team but the issue is still ongoing. I have emailed to ask for the case to be opened again. Has anyone else had any updates with any progress on the issue.
  • TedStanley2312
    TedStanley2312 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both pay for the premium memberships. It is easier for one of us to copy the meals for dinner instead of both entering the meals individually. Is the copy feature still available or did it get chopped?
  • jasward6378
    jasward6378 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 29
    Options
    My wife and I have the same problem ... in the last week or so, we can no longer see each other's meals, to share/copy. We can only see goals. We have not changed anything in our MyFitnessPal settings, but have checked anyway and they continue to show that we want to share everything between us. Our MyFitnessPal apps (on iOS) are kept always up to date with the latest version. We are not running any Beta version of iOS. Seemingly, something has gone wrong in MyFitnessPal.
  • jasward6378
    jasward6378 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same problem here ... it is a MAJOR INCONVENIENCE for us!
  • FuchiFit
    FuchiFit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This feature was available before last week’s update as long as both friends had the “only friends available” on privacy settings. But I cannot see anyone’s diary anymore. Anyone knows how to do it in this new update?
  • dsempre
    dsempre Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to see my friends food logs by going to friends, selecting the friend, then there was an option to see their food log. That’s no longer an option. I checked the settings on my SO’s fitness pal and it shows that he has his food log shared to friends but I can’t see his and he can’t see mine. Any ideas?
  • dkamm90
    dkamm90 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 29
    Options
    Same issue, wondering if they removed the feature… @fitnesspalsupport
  • mrsbrac
    mrsbrac Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 29
    Options
    Same issue! Very frustrating!
  • emmas71
    emmas71 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 29
    Options
    YES!!!!!! The app is no longer showing friend’s ( hubbys )diary & he can’t see mine.
    We’ve both logged into the website and can see the diary for each other there but this is a super painful way of doing so and also being able to copy meales to each other
    @fitnesspalsupport