SK marathon

Hi. I am thankful to be apart of this community. I am getting ready to be 54 on Thursday. I have about 20 pounds to lose and really need accountability. Night time is the hardest time for me. I love to run and workout but have no motivation after work. Does anyone else have this problem

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,939 Member
    Welcome to the community!

You can only be accountable to yourself. Make sure to take it slow.

Motivation won't get you far. You have to just build a habit. How motivated are you to actually go to work in the morning? You go anyway I presume. There's a reward - you get a paycheck. You may not be motivated to improve your fitness by going to the gym. If you go, there's a reward - increased fitness!

You don't HAVE to go to the gym to lose weight. You have to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight. You can do that without much or even any intentional exercise. That said, you'll do your body good to get exercise, especially if your work has you sedentary much of the time. You just have to make the commitment to yourself and do it. Then you have to stick to it!

If you have an off day, don't beat yourself up. Just start again right now. Not next week. Not tomorrow. Now. After all, now is the only moment we have. Tomorrow is a dream, and yesterday is a memory. Any decision we make is made NOW.

Remember what Warren Miller used to say, "If you don't do it this year, you'll be a year older when you do." Do it now!