Nicscholl
Nicscholl Posts: 5 Member
Happy to get new food choices
Tagged:

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Here's one I just made tonight. I love Black Bean Soup. I make it often in the winter....

Last night I put two cups of black beans in a half-gallon jar to soak. This morning I drained them and put them in the pressure cooker with the obligatory seven Bay leaves, several carrots cut in giant lengths, a half a yellow onion cut in half (two quarters) seven dried chiles de Arbol, a chopped serrano, a glove of garlic separated into cloves and barely chopped, some salt, and a bunch of cumin. Now that I think about it, I forgot to add a tiny bit of vegetable oil to prevent the beans from foaming. It was fine though. I brought the pressure cooker up to pressure, then set the timer for five minutes.

Five minutes to cook beans. Wow.

When the timer went off, I put the pressure cooker aside and went to the gym.

I came home, and the beans were still warm. The pressure cooker has a very thick bottom, and I reckon it holds heat pretty good. I went on a hide-and-seek mission to find all seven bay leaves. That took a while. They like to hide down in the bottom. I found them all. Yay. I spooned out some of the beans into a bowl. Some carrots and onion came with them, so I returned those to the cooker. Then it was time to get busy with the immersion blender. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Done. I added the bowl of beans back in and ladled what I had into three quart yogurt containers and put two in the fridge and left one out to heat back up for supper.