Thinking about upping to premium. Does it offer all types of exercise routines?

Options
mebp1057
mebp1057 Posts: 1 Member
edited January 24 in Fitness and Exercise
HIIT, strength training, cardio, walking. I see a little bit. But not much. Is that because I’m not premium.

Answers

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Have a look here and decide whether it's for you.

To be honest, I would do workouts from workout sources and losing weight from losing weight sources (here) and not mix both. I'm sure there also some nice free programmes, like C25K for running, walking doesn't really need a programme: just do it. strength training: wonderful free sources in the workout forum here, etc.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Do you mean exercise instructions, or exercise database entries for calorie estimation?

Premium has somewhat more of exercise instructions/recommended workouts, but not IMO life-changinglyly much more. Equal quality is available free from other sources, generally, but obviously not integrated with MFP.

Premium doesn't have more items in the exercise database. If that's the issue, we can add our own custom exercises. I've done that.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Woops, just realized you're in the workout forum already. Ahem.. anyway, right place to get started 🙈😅
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,243 Member
    Options
    Have you considered doing the free trial of premium? Then you can decide for yourself if it's something you want to continue doing. Beware; you might like it and then have a decision to make. If it's not for you - no problem.

What kind of exercise are you having trouble finding? The list is extensive. Pilates to Pickleball. Billiards to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Fishing to Football. Lacrosse to Leg curls. From A to Z - Aerobics to Zumba.

If you're looking for workout PLANS, maybe it's not the best place to look. The iOS app has a few 28-day plans is all. Once you have your routine, there's almost certainly a place to log it on MFP. Not everything, but a lot.