Half-way (-65lbs) AND Onederland! (w/ pics)

Options
This morning, I woke up and saw this:
40379941_1506.jpg

Yay!
So I'm simultaneously half-way to my goal weight AND officially in Onederland! :)

Starting stats: 265lbs, tight 22W jeans or 24W jeans, 2X or 3X shirts, 44DD bra, size 10.5 ring. (and 5'6" tall) I started tracking calories and going to the gym on St. Patrick's day (3-17-13).

Here's me on my 30th birthday (a little over a year ago). Not sure what I weighed.
40379941_4706.jpg

And here's me last Christmas, near my maximum weight. It's probably the closest I have to a starting picture.
40379941_8822.jpg

And here's a picture of me today. Today's official weight: 199.9! Comfortable size 14 jeans, L-XL tops, 38 or 40 D bra, size 8 ring. I'm also starting to fit in non-wide-width shoes!
40379941_4604.jpg

It's been an interesting journey. Some days it's easy. Some days (even several in a stretch, I feel like I just need (or want?) more calories than my daily goal...
There has also been the sudden surprise of gallstones along the way. (It's been a month since the last episode, though... I'm leery of having my gallbladder removed, so we'll see...)

Anyways, I started off by using MFP's suggested calorie goal for 2lbs/wk loss. Then my mother bought me a fitbit, so I started using that suggestion, instead. I seem the happiest, though, if I net around 1600 calories. As I recognized that (and as I lost weight and as my calorie goal kept creeping down), I eventually decided to change my target loss to 1.5lbs/wk. And sometimes I walk more to make my fitbit let me have more calories or sometimes I just eat a little more for no reason. (whoops. but tomorrow's a new day, and I figure I never eat OVER by MORE than my deficit, anyways, so I'm not gaining fat - just slowing the progress of loss, when I eat over.) I usually lose at least .5 lbs more per week than my target calories would suggest (even when I eat exactly the number MFP/Fitbit tells me)... Which is interesting... So even though I've switched to 1.5/wk, it still ends up being 2lbs/week. (Originally I was loosing at 3.5 lbs/wk when it was set to 2. But I think I under-ate, then, too.)

I also go to the gym frequently. (3 personal training sessions per week + roughly 3 mornings per week (usually cardio, but occasionally strength) + 1 or 2 water aerobics classes per week)

I definitely still struggle with boredom eating. I'm not very stressed out, these days, but I imagine I'm a stressed-out-eater, too. (among other emotional eating patterns, I'm sure). So that's something that will continue to be something I'll need to learn to overcome.

I realize that my gym-going is not sustainable in the long-run, but I hope to keep my morning routine going, even after I stop the personal training. (It's SO expensive. But worth it. I LOVE learning proper strength-training technique.)

Going forward, I'll possibly change my calorie goal to something less aggressive. Maybe down to 1 per week. That's because 1.) I'm finally in Onederland, and 2.) I'm in an orchestra that's starting up rehearsals for the fall, and need more energy (and therefore calories) to practice more/better. I might also put the scale away for a couple of weeks so I don't have to see a pesky number that starts with a 2 ever again! (because otherwise I inevitably would, as fluctuations occur from day to day.)

Incidentally, if you know of any really great exercises to target the muscles that are required for violin-playing, let me know. My upper-back often hurts afterwards, so I'm hoping to gain strength in that area somehow.

Ok, this is long enough. hehe. :) One last thing: I apologize, but I'm only accepting friend requests from people I know in person. Sorry/thanks!

~Sarah

Replies

• zortgirl
    zortgirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! How exciting! Keep up the good work.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Keep it up you are doing great
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic, what a difference and gives me a kick towards hitting one of my goals, which is to drop below 200 lbs

Thanks for sharing your success
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    you are looking FAB:wink: keep going x
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    you are a star! I started at 275 (ish) not sure because my scale was suspect...am at 218...working slowly but surely towards my second big goal which is to be under 200-am 5.5 pounds away from halfway...you are WAY ahead of me in that you are younger and the weight will come off faster-so keep it up!!!
  • MeganGable
    MeganGable Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Holy guacamole girl!!! Great job!!!!!!
  • Gracie1214
    Gracie1214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    fantastic, well done you
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    haha i took the same pic! not too long ago actually! i know the feeling!! congratz!! keep it up your looking good! :)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :-)
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    awesome job! you look younger!!!
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! You look terrific!!
  • g6944266047
    Options
    Congratulations,

I feel your joy. My one and only pic (for now) says it all!

Keep going.
  • kimmycool2003
    kimmycool2003 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!! Your story is so close to mine life and i cant wait to have that same feeling when i see the scale say 199.9 i will be there some time soon i hope . Thank You for your wonderful story!!
  • Lannister80
    Options
    Awesome!! You look wonderful, and I'm going through a similar situation/starting weight, so this is super inspirational. :-) Congratulations!
  • mvanzante
    mvanzante Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Agreed that you look younger. I think it's because your eyes are more visible now when you smile.
  • MaryMacAttack
    MaryMacAttack Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful, even a little bit younger too. keep up all the hard work :)
  • lorislosingit
    lorislosingit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Keep up the great work - you look so HAPPY! As for upper back exercise, ask your trainer, but I'm thinking seated row and lat pull down. I love how you decided what YOU wanted to do, and stuck to it! Thank you for sharing!! <3
  • carrieanthony
    carrieanthony Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow, and wow again!!!!! You dropped probably 15 years off of your face too. You look like such a baby now!! :) GREAT JOB!
  • tavinsmom
    Options
    Awesome! What a difference. Hoping to join you in onederland this year!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!