Looking for new friends

Options
Hi! I’m a new returning member. I used this app and got down to my goal weight but since then have had a string of health issues and a few broken bones and my weight soared. This time around I would love to have some friends to help me along the way. I’m a great accountability partner and cheerleader if anyone is interested!
I work at home with my small business as an aromatherapist making blends and concoctions of good smelling stuff. I have two dogs, a husband and three children. I’m also the fairy godmother to two insanely cute alpacas! I enjoy cooking (too much haha) painting and traveling.
I’d love to hear from you!

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,272 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @mllama

If you've been successful before, then you know how to do it again. Keep sticking to it! I would encourage you to consider even sticking to it AFTER you get to your goal weight. I know it can seem daunting. I find it's just something I do. It helps me maintain my loss.

I am at capacity for friends on the app, and many of them don't really interact. I probably should do some pruning. I'm reticent to add more, but with that said, as far as friends for support here on MFP, if you are looking for camaraderie among people striving for similar goals, you might enjoy a group I'm involved with called "Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off." It's a private group, so when you click on that link you'll have to request to join, and you'll be approved pretty quickly.

There's only two requirements. First, enter your starting weight and goals for each quarter of the year. Easy. Second, enter a weekly weigh-in. Also easy. We have some ongoing other challenges, all of which are completely optional. They can be fun. We also try to do a "special challenge" each week, although we don't always get one up. The group is run by a few volunteers, and we're off doing fun things sometimes.

You'll find camaraderie, and while you are the only one you can be accountable to, some people find it easier to be accountable to themselves when they share with others.

Check it out if you want. Invite your friends. We're not really recruiting, but... we're kind of recruiting.
    [/quote]

• mllama19
    mllama19 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice! I’ll pop over and join- it sounds like fun!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Your request was approved. Welcome! Stop by and say hi, and get your goals set, and then start sticking to it for your future success!
  • mariannemu
    mariannemu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Looking for a fitness friend to compare notes with.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    mariannemu wrote: »
    Looking for a fitness friend to compare notes with.

I see you're also a new member of our little group "Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off."

Come by and say hi! The only two requirements are to set goals and to weigh-in once a week. We have some fun challenges too. This week it's about making and eating home-made soup, so yeah - fun and tasty too.