Celebrating 1 year of Maintenance

Options
JaysFan82
JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
edited January 28 in Success Stories

1706449773630.png

I can't believe it's been a year already and it's honestly been the best year of my life

I started my journey at 388 pounds at age 40. Everything hurt. I would get winded showering.

In Feb.2022 I decided to make a change. I had an appointment with my Doctor to look into weight loss surgery but I decided to give it one more go.

I started counting my calories and took up swimming because it was one of the few things I could do. I was VERY focused this time and didn't give into my vices. By Sept.2022 I was running! By the end of January 2023 I had went from 388 to 215.

And now comes the hard part. Keeping it off.

I fully threw myself into running. I love it. I used to run in my 20s and never thought I'd be doing this in a million years. In 2023 I ran in 10 5km races.

I'm currently training for my first 10km race in April and in Octobet I will be competing in my first half marathon

If you're just starting your journey and you're reading this, I'm telling you it's possible....if you want it badly enough.

The only person who can motivate you is you. I see threads looking for motivation. If getting healthy for yourself isn't enough motivation than all the motivators in the world won't help.

Find an activity that you enjoy. Exercise shouldn't feel like a chore.

Pintrest has a TON of great recipes to keep food fun.

I log my food days in advance. Usually Sunday night. Make it a routine.

I'm so grateful for having my life back. It's totally worth it.

Replies

• walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing! Keeping focused now is the key. U may have to adjust your calories for the workouts you are doing and learning what maintenance calories look like. U got this! and congrats!
  • fuzzybug29
    fuzzybug29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOW! This is such a huge transformation! I love that you are building up your running and finding that enjoyable. That will undoubtedly help keep you in maintenance. For me its lifting weights and walking that I'm passionate about. Agreed, you have to find what's fun for you. I find inspiration in your way of logging your food in advance. I have gotten in the habit of putting the day in first thing each morning and I find that extremely helpful, but didn't think to do it days at at time. Thank you for that suggestion. I'm in my final stretch now and hoping to do what you have done in staying there when I get there! Good luck as you continue your journey and doing those races!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!