New favorite Snack!

Options
hazlema
hazlema Posts: 12 Member
edited January 29 in Recipes
Missing the crunchiness but after trying different things I came upon a solution.

Dehydrated Salami

How I make them:
Dehydrate for 3-4 hours at 165 after they are done don't eat them yet!

Put them in the refrigerator for an hour or so, longer is better. They will be delicious and crunchy like chips.

The longer you refrigerate them, the crunchier they will become!

1 7oz(weigh before you dehydrate) Salami Chip is 29 calories, 0 carbs , 0 sugars

Keep in mind this is a fatty meat and must be refrigerated!
They may last up to 4-6 days

Hope you enjoy!

Replies

• LovesGreen2016
    LovesGreen2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you have an air fryer, air fried chickpeas are great. You get a good crunch and you can flavour with spices like a mix of cumin, paprika, chilli powder and garlic powder with a teaspoon of dark brown sugar for a bbq flavour. Dry the tinned chickpeas, sprinkle salt and pepper and a tablespoon of olive oil. Then 23mins at 200 deg C. Then put the flavour on.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    My latest favorite snack is Cole slaw: 1 cup diced cabbage, 2T skinny girl poppyseed dressing, and 1 T fat free ranch dressing. Optional add matchstick carrots or diced green pepper. Maybe 50 calories, very filling, and crunchy!
  • annstebbing
    annstebbing Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hazlema wrote: »
    Missing the crunchiness but after trying different things I came upon a solution.

Dehydrated Salami

How I make them:

Put them in the refrigerator for an hour or so, longer is better. They will be delicious and crunchy like chips.

1 7oz(weigh before you dehydrate) Salami Chip is 29 calories, 0 carbs , 0 sugars

Hope you enjoy!

Perhaps I'm not reading this correctly buy I just looked up Salami and its 460 calories for a 4 oz pack. What is the 29 calories for.
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options

Dehydrated Salami

How I make them:

Hope you enjoy!

I discovered this, or very similar, using a dry salami, like Cervelat or Genoa, and nuking slices in the microwave! High in calories though, but gives you protein at least and so delish. I nuked little heaps of cheese too to make cheese chips. Ate them with celery or apple slices to kind of balance out my crunch fest lol.
  • hazlema
    hazlema Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Dehydrated Salami

How I make them:

Hope you enjoy!

Perhaps I'm not reading this correctly buy I just looked up Salami and its 460 calories for a 4 oz pack. What is the 29 calories for.

29 Calories are for one slice of Salami that weighs 7oz.

But everyone cuts it at different thicknesses.
    So make sure you weight it before dehydrating it.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,207 Member
    Options

Dehydrated Salami

How I make them:

Hope you enjoy!

29 Calories are for one slice of Salami that weighs 7oz.

But everyone cuts it at different thicknesses.
    So make sure you weight it before dehydrating it.

Seven ounces is almost a half pound. It will have far more than 30 calories. More like 500.... or more!

This is from the MFP database for salami showing 7 oz is 750 calories:
    zp6h26rjwrhf.png

• TracyL963
    TracyL963 Posts: 70 Member
    edited March 20
    Options
    My latest favorite snack is Cole slaw: 1 cup diced cabbage, 2T skinny girl poppyseed dressing, and 1 T fat free ranch dressing. Optional add matchstick carrots or diced green pepper. Maybe 50 calories, very filling, and crunchy!

Looks good. I want to try this.

Another one -

Diced celery, match stick carrots and thawed green peas. Dress with Paul Newman's Sesame Ginger dressing. Yum!

2 TBL of this dressing is 35 calories.