Just looking for a shout from a friend every once in a while

Options
I'm committed to making some changes and I'm hoping to build a friends list of folks who can walk along side me in my journey as they work toward a healthier life as well.

I'm 53 and recently diagnosed with type II diabetes. I have an awesome wife who is super supportive of changes in diet and exercise. I started at about 460 some years back and I'm currently in the 325 range. My goal is get down to 185.

Aside from this, I have a new grandson, my first grandbaby in fact. My wife and I spend a lot of time riding around the country on our motorcycle. We have another 26 states to hit, and don't plan on letting this slow us down. We'll have to learn to be healthy on the road. Nothing some planning and preparation can't fix.

Anyone looking for a friend in your journey, hit me up. Expect me to look out for you and say hello every once in a while. It's all I expect in return.

Have a great day, folks.

Replies

• Overheadfan
    Overheadfan Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    Here's a shout out to you from Western Australia. You've got a a lot of great things as incentives..a recent health diagnosis, a brand new grandbaby and touring around with your wife. Three great motivation factors.
    I'm 60 years old and have 20 kgs to lose. I I am highly motivated to use this time to " future proof," my health and well-being as I move into my later years, and I want to be enjoying hikes with my husband and kids.
    I wish you all the very best on your health journey. I've been really enjoying the food tracking food on MFP and I have found that it's enabled me to gain control and feel empowered about my food choices.
  • whimsy38
    whimsy38 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Good vibes for your journey!