Fodmap diet restricted

Options
Hello all,

Any help on recipies on advice for fodmap diet restrictions?

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Any help on recipies on advice for fodmap diet restrictions?

Low fodmap is really complicated and quite restrictive... so you're not likely to find much for recipes.... you'll have to look up a list of high fodmap foods and cut them out.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    MONASH university has an app. It costs money, but it’s been worth it to me. Their website has recipes as well. I should point out that I’ve used it to combat IBS issues, not for weight loss. It is not meant to be followed long term. You cut out triggers for about two -six weeks and then gradually add foods back in to figure out what you can tolerate and what triggers symptoms.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    My husband needed to do Low-FODMAP to figure out what was triggering his intestinal problems.
    At first, you have to cut out EVERYTHING that is listed as high-FODMAP, and then, as stated in the post above, try adding back foods one at a time to see how you feel. It's not likely that you'll have to avoid all high-FODMAP foods long-term.

In the early stages when everything had to be cut out, my husband ate a lot of basic whole foods with not much seasoning or sauces to try to control the ingredients. Basically meat, potatoes, and low-FODMAP vegetables like zucchini and carrots.

After adding things back in slowly, he found that his main triggers were onions, garlic, apples, asparagus, and brussels sprouts. Too bad, because he loves these things. But, we have learned to cook without onions and garlic.

Once you find your triggers, it will be easier to find recipes and adapt your diet.
  • toijean
    toijean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used low FODMAP elimination diet years ago to heal SIBO and it worked! And I’m vegetarian! Very complicated, but once you get the hang of it, it gets smoother.

I used the Monash app everyday, and I’ll still use it from time to time. I found I was sensitive to onions, garlic, cruciferous veg, dried fruits, and honey. So I still to this day minimize those. Im also sensitive to beans, but eat those still as a vegetarian.

I’m having a little upset while I’ve been cutting calories, so I’m considering going back to
    modified low-FODMAP