Ms. Frizzle is the voice I want in my head

Options
That's the inner me I aspire to. She looks at obstacles as a scientist, you know - try something, make mistakes, learn from mistakes, try again, get messy.

She is never beating people up, calling them dumb or failures, or losers, or broken.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    I like that a lot.

Weight management really is a long series of analysis and problem-solving steps, to hit appropriate calories, feel mostly full and happy, get reasonable overall nutrition, all while eating foods that are enjoyable, practical, and affordable. It's a balancing act, and it doesn't all have to be perfect on day 1.

Instead, IMO the real goal is to establish new, sustainable habits that can continue almost on autopilot long term to reach then stay at a healthy weight.

For me, weight loss was kind of like a fun, productive science fair project for grown-ups.

I think a key success factor is personalizing our new habits to fit our own individual preferences, strengths, challenges, and lifestyle. If we try some new tactic and it doesn't work, that's not any kind of personal failure: It's a learning experience that lets us shelve a thing that wasn't right for us. As long as we keep going, try something different, and repeat until we find the right personal tactics, success will happen.

Good post! :flowerforyou: